Chapter 10 - The Sketchbook to the Rooftop

Chapter 10 - Meet Skittles (AKA, skitts_kiel )
Warnings: Slight confusion? Nothing that bad
A/N, Top of the World was the song Skitts chose (: so that's why it's up there (and it's just a good song in general lol.)
Third Person POV

Skitts, as they were called by their friends, walked around the empty classroom.

They had stayed after school so they could work on a piece of artwork, with the teacher's permission.

Their pencils had all broken and Skitts didn't have a sharpener, so their teacher said they could stay after for a bit and use their pencils.

Skitts didn't know how they broke all of their colored pencils and regular pencils, except for the brown ones, but they had.

Skitts sat down at a table with their colored pencils and paper.

They had a project that they had to do for said art class, so they decided that they were going to start that project before doodling.

At least, that's what they told themself.

It hadn't even been fifteen minutes when they had moved on from trying to do the project to doodling. They didn't have any ideas for the project, so they figured that they could get some if they just let their mind wander while doodling.

That's how that works, right?

Skitts shrugged.

They quickly noticed that they needed their sketchbook to doodle.

And they didn't have their sketchbook out...

Skitts almost facepalmed as they got up to grab their sketchbook from their backpack, pausing their music.

They were listening to Top of the World from Tuck Everlasting, one of their favorite songs.

It was also just a song that made them happy.

Slightly annoyed with themself and questioning their brain, Skitts walked over to the backpack that was right next to the door, zipping it open.

As soon as Skitts' hand touched the sketchbook, they felt a cold wave of air blow over them.

Skitts looked around, quickly noticing that they were no longer in the classroom.

Skitts' eyes widened as they quickly stood up, their sketchbook still in their hands.

Skitts noticed something in their sketchbook, so they started flipping through the pages of the sketchbook.
Half of the pages were Skitts' drawings, while the other half of the pages were drawings Skitts had never seen before.

Skitts stared at it, before looking at themself.

They wore a pink shirt, brown pants, and a brown hat.

Confused, Skitts started looking around.

They were on a rooftop, a corner of it. There was a fire escape below them and a portion of the roof higher than where they were.

Skitts heard voices.

"Skittery!" A high sounding voice shouted. "Where are you?!"

"I'm up here!" Skitts shouted without thinking about what they were saying or who they were shouting to.

This person knows my name!

"Tumbler wants to go to Brooklyn to see Bush!" The voice shouted up to them.

Something took over Skitts as they felt a wave of protectiveness wash over them. "Wait up!" Skittery shouted, jumping down from the rooftop and onto the fire escape. "I don't trust him going alone." They grumbled.

The voice chuckled.

522 Words