Chapter 11 - Flames Just Wants to Draw and Stage is Scared of Spot

Chapter 11 - We Technically See Charades, but They Don't Know Charades Merged, Yet
Warnings: Slight fear
A/N, did I chose the song for this chapter based on one line in this chapter? Yes.
Will Sunny be happy because of this musical again? Also yes.
Third Person POV

Stage walked over to Flames, sitting down next to them.

Flames looked up from what they were drawing for a second, before looking back at the drawing.

Both Newsies were silent for a few minutes.

"You gonna speak or did you sit here for no reason?" Flames spoke up after a minute.

Stage pursed her lips. "I did have a thought." She answered slowly.

"And it left your brain?" Flames questioned, their eyebrows slightly furrowed as they concentrated on their drawing.

Stage nodded.

She looked over at Flames' drawing after a moment. "You're really good." Stage commented, gesturing to the drawing.

Flames scoffed. "Please, it's a bunch of trees."

"It's better than what I can do." Stage responded, her blue eyes fixated on her nails as she picked at them. "I can only draw roses and eyes well."

Flames smacked her hand lightly. "Firstly," they started. "Stop that, you're gonna make your nails bleed and that's not fun." They told her. "And secondly, eyes are hard."

Stage shrugged.

They were silent for a moment again.

"Oh!" Stage shot up.

Flames looked up at her. "You have so much energy." They muttered, erasing a line they didn't like in the drawing.

"I remember!" Stage exclaimed.

Flames looked up at Stage, an eyebrow raised. "That sounded like a line from Anastasia." They commented.

Stage gasped, looking down at them. She was only taller than Flames at the moment because she was standing and Flames was sitting. "It does!" She exclaimed. "I remember!" Stage gasped, pretending to be Anastasia.

Flames chuckled softly, clapping softly.

Well, she didn't get the name Stage for nothing.

"Anyway," Stage plopped herself down next to Flames again. "Do we have any other 7-3-6's that we know of?" She asked.

Flames shook their head. "I've talked to Ducky and Paint today about this." They started.

Flames and Stage both fell silent when Skittery walked past them.

"But no one yet." Flames continued quietly, once Skittery was out of earshot.

Stage nodded. "I was just wondering."

Flames nodded. "I get it."

Stage stands up again, but less quickly and like a rocket into the air this time. "I'm gonna go hang with JoJo and probably Duc- er-" she stops for a moment, looking around to make sure no one heard her. "Buttons and Crutchie." She told Flames.

Flames nodded again, looking back at their drawing. "Have fun."

"You too." With that, Stage walked off.

"JACK!!" Rang through the second floor of the Lodge.

Flames immediately recognized that voice as their Second in Command and best friend's.

Flames groaned. "What does a person have to do to get some peace to draw sometimes?" They grumbled under their breath.

"Not live in a Lodge full of crazy boys." They heard Finch mutter behind them.

Flames rolled their eyes as Paint/Race and Albert ran up to them.

Race smiled sheepishly, his arms behind his back. "We did something dumb." He said softly.

Flames glared up at him. "What'd you do?" They grumbled.

Flames heard an angry yell from the first floor of the Lodge.

Finch's eyes widened. "You angered Spot Conlon?"

Albert looked frightened.

Paint and Flames shared a confused look.

Flames turned to face Finch, rubbing the temples of their forehead. "I have a headache, remind me who Spot Conlon is again." They stated.

Finch looked at them, wide-eyed. "The King of Brooklyn?! The most feared Newsie?!"

Flames and Paint's eyes widened.

Downstairs

"Okay, Mr. Conlon," Ducky started, leaning against the door frame. "I understand that two of our Newsies did something really dumb and I will make sure Jack smacks them for it, but Jack is sick right now and I doubt you want to get sick." They told him.

Charades shuddered slightly, glaring at the Newsie in front of them. "Fine." They grumbled, turning and leaving.

Ducky shut the door behind him.

Stage stared wide-eyed at their friend. "How'd you do that?" She whispered. "He's really scary!" She was shaking.

Ducky patted her shoulder. "He's short, therefore, I was not scared at the moment." They stated.

Stage shot them a wary look, before turning to leave.

"You're shorter than he is." Romeo mumbled, staring at Ducky.

Ducky shrugged.

Flames walked down the stairs, Paint and Albert trailing nervously behind them. They looked around. "Where is he?" Flames asked, an eyebrow raised.

Stage shuddered again as she ran up the stairs, her hand hovering above the railing so she didn't fall.

Ducky shrugged. "On his way back to Brooklyn now." They answered.

Flames sighed deeply. "Thank gracious."

814 Words
That's all for today (: