Chapter 12 - She Blinked and Was Suddenly in 1899

Chapter 12 - Meet Berry (AKA, BrittaLarson )
Warnings: Anxiety, but nothing too bad. I think
A/N, this is the song Berry chose for her intro chapter (:
Third Person POV

Berry, as she was called, walked into the house.

House, she called it.

While it was technically a house, it was also a museum.

A historical museum.

Berry liked history.

Waiting just inside the house for her was Mrs. Fischer.

She was Berry's boss/manager- technically- along with her husband. They were also just really nice people in the first place.

Mrs. Fischer smiled at Berry when she saw her. "Good morning," she greeted.

Berry waved. "Morning, Mrs. Fischer."

Mrs. Fischer looked around for a moment, her hands clasped together in front of her, before she looked back at Berry. "Will you please go dust and clean up in the basement?" She asked. "There should be some cool stuff down there as well." She informed Berry.

Berry nodded, smiling.

(A/N, keep in mind that none of us (as far as I know) have ever worked in a place like this, so it's not going to be horribly accurate, but go with it lol.)

Mrs. Fischer smiled as she handed Berry a cloth.

Berry walked downstairs.

She pulled the string to turn on the light on the ceiling, looking around. "Wow," Berry muttered as she looked around. "Very disorganized, but very cool." She stated.

Berry sat herself on the floor so she could start going through boxes.

There were a lot and she had a feeling this would take more than one shift, maybe more than three shifts.

Berry wiped the dust off of an old mirror that she found in a box, looking at it.

For being probably at least fifty years old, it was in good condition and it was pretty.

Berry smiled, carefully placing it on the ground beside her as she pulled another thing out of the box.

I wish I had musicals right now, Berry thought to herself as she slid the box she had previously been looking in away from her. It would be so much less boring.

Berry usually regretted not bringing her phone to the museum, yet she somehow never remembered to bring it, even after trying to remind herself.

After a few minutes, Berry found herself humming musicals quietly as she worked. The first song she started with was 'Cool' from West Side Story as it had been stuck in her head all day.

After a few minutes and finding a lot of old pictures of people like Theodore Roosevelt, Joseph Pulitzer, and William Randolf Hearst, Berry found something that intrigued her.

An eyepatch.

Slightly confused by it, Berry picked it up.

A cold breeze blew over her and Berry was no longer in the museum.

Berry shot up, looking around.

She seemed to be in the basement of somewhere unfamiliar, but there were almost no boxes there.

Berry looked down at herself, her eyes even wider than they were before.

She had on a large, white shirt with thin, black stripes on it. She also wore a lighter brown vest, hat, pants, and black boots.

Berry's breathing sped up as she stepped backwards, her back hitting a wall. Oh my God, where am I?

The door opened and a person with a blue shirt on and a black vest walked in.

Berry stared at them, her chest rising and falling rapidly as panic flooded through her body.

576 Words