I Don't Need You Anymore

...that was the end, wasn't it?

I pulled the trigger, I killed myself unwillingly.

I was controlled to kill myself. It hit my head, I lost blood, and everything darkened.

...but why aren't I dead?

-----

Bela wakes up again.

She can't be alive. Not after what happened.

...

But she is.

She sits up, not bothering to speak as she put a hand to where she shot herself.

Nothing. There was nothing.

No hole, no wound, no scar, nothing.

There was blood on her hair, on her head, but there was no wound to remember that by.

She looked around.

In front of her, far but visible, are Mia and a child figure, which is definitely Eveline, and a mass of clay-like things covering someone, Ethan, inside of it.

She groaned when she suddenly felt a wave of nausea hit her.

Mia spun around and met her eyes.

She ran to Bela. "Oh my–are you okay!? Thank god you woke up!"

Mia seemed panicked but also relieved at the same time.

Bela's ears were ringing because of the gun's sound. It was so close to ear.

She looked up at Mia only for her eyes to land on a mischievously smiling bioweapon child.

"You're awake! I never thought you would." the child said, almost mocking.

Bela saw Mia give Eveline a glare. The child smirked.

Bela didn't accept Mia's hand when she stood up. Mia looked really apologetic.

A headache came to her and she gritted her teeth at the pain as she slightly stumbled when she got up.

Mia held her shoulder to keep her from falling on her back.

"...What do I have to do for you to release him?" Mia asked, supposedly at Eveline, as the child only giggled menacingly.

She points at Bela.

"I want you to kill her."

"But I'm not infected anymore! Ethan cured me. What can you do about that?" Mia retorted as the child lost her smile.

She looked up as if thinking. And then she smiled widely.

She stared at Bela, "Then why won't Bela kill you instead?"

Mia turned to Bela and the blonde gave her a frown. She won't let that brat control her, no matter what.

Bela shakes her head, dismissing the child. Not that she can, but she tries.

"Impossible. I won't ever allow you to control me ever again."

"Stop making empty promises! You're all going to be under my hands in no time!" Eveline shouted as her smile returned, predatory and insane.

"I'll make sure you get punished!"

She shouted as Bela fell to her knees.

She groaned again trying to keep the mold from taking control of her.

Black veins appeared on her body and she panted as she clenched her teeth.

Mia tried to console her but Bela only pushed her away.

"G-g–go! Away!" Bela shouted as her hand suddenly started to crack. It was turning cold.

And she was cracking.

The crack trailed up from her hand to her neck and to her face.

When she cracks she turns pale, but this time she doesn't turn pale.

She turns gray, and her hand fell from the rest of her arm. But instead of cracking, it turned into dust.

The black veins left her but in place of those the cracking went everywhere else.

The dust that used to be her hand scattered all around and are now invisible to the naked eye as it fell.

Her other arm twitched as it also cracked and turned into gray dust.

Eveline seemed shocked that Bela managed to evade her control, but more so that she was crumbling and turning into mold herself.

The reason why Bela couldn't change into her flies was because her whole body was now mold.

The mold couldn't replicate her body like Ethan's, so instead they forced themselves in through the crevices of her flies.

The mold that engulfed her body stuck her flies together and the only fly that managed to escape wasn't as tightly secured as the others.

They couldn't kill the flies, so they instead trapped them, no longer allowing them to heed Bela's command to transform.

Is that all?

Why didn't I notice it? Why didn't I conclude that I was infected after all this time?

Bela is breaking and if she doesn't get helped soon she would die and turn into millions of tiny dust particles and will inevitably be another part of the molded.

She felt numb, but she figures that was worse than pain because while she sees it she can't feel it.

She feels her legs cracking and breaking.

Her flies–the ones she can feel–were freezing and she didn't know what to do while she broke.

She was dying slowly, and painfully unfeeling. She couldn't feel herself deteriorate.

But that was better than having to see herself kill Mia without her control.

But before her face cracked further, she felt a cold needle pierce her neck.

She flinched and almost gasped when she felt the new pain touch her skin.

Her eyes widened as she turned around slowly and saw Mia, injecting the contents of the syringe into her.

Her expression was determined yet calculating.

How did you get that?

Bela desperately wanted to ask but was shut up when another wave of nausea hits her straight in the face.

Her eyes turned glossy and she saw from the corner of her eye the dust particles form and turn into familiar flies.

She tried to stand up again but the needle was still deep in her neck. Was it not done yet?

Not that she can stand, anyway.

But before she can see more she felt herself lose her conscious.

She falls back to the ground as she finally feels the needle leave her.

Her head hit the floor again.

...

She closes her eyes and everything went back to that familiar darkness.

She doesn't think back to what happened.

She needs a good rest after all this time.