Chapter 58

"So what? You reject him then what?" He catches up to me until we're at shoulder speed again. "He's already marked you."

"I know." I blink tears back. "I've talked to Zelda, she says all I need to do is find a wolf willing enough to bite over it, and I'll have to mate with him." Tomas' silence is putting me a little off edge.

"Such ritual is done only if another wolf forces himself on an already marked female wolf but, I know one thing for sure, it'll be easier." I lift my head. "I'll obsessed over my new marker, crave him, it'll take some heat off my shoulders."

The light has drained form the sky and all that's left is a dark sky, the street lights make it hard for me to see the stars but I know they're there. "Who else knows?"

"You're the first." I tell him. "It's not well thought, I know, but it's the option I'm leaning on right now."

"Shit." He mutters. Maybe telling him wasn't such a great idea, I haven't thought about it properly myself and here I am presenting it to him. Gosh imagine what my dad will say! What about alpha Vincent?! "Do you not love him anymore?"

"He broke my heart, but I still love him with all the pieces," I try pulling the corners of my mouth into a smile. "As cliché as that sounds, it's true. I'm doing this for me."

Our walk continues as our silence hangs thick in the air but I keep my eyes straight ahead not wanting to continue my ramble, the stillness of our surroundings makes me look back multiple times to ensure we haven't frozen in time.

"And have you-" his sudden pause makes me look over at him. "Have you found someone willing enough to bite you, again?" His eyes stay on mine, something about the darkness of the green in his eyes make them look brown, I don't know why.

"No." I shake my head focusing on my path once more. "No, I haven't."

"You staying over?" His voice goes up a octave as I spot his place in the distance. "I could always drive you home but I did just get a new couch and I need the best of the best to test it out." I chuckle a little. "Plus it's a little over midnight. We have school tomorrow."

"That could get me in some trouble," his place gets closer, even form a far he still has his porch lights on with his light up path. "I didn't tell anyone."

"Pff," I turn to him shrugging. "What's the worse that could happened?" We come to a stop at his door and he swings I open, I take my shoes off before wondering in as he switches the lights on. "Bedroom's the first door on your left."

I turn to him. "I thought you said you were taking the bedroom?"

"Wow!" His eyebrows raise bringing more life to his eyes.

"What?"

"I know your alpha and all, but that's a little cocky of you. When I said the best of the best would test my new couch out, I was talking in third person." I go to punch him in his arm. "Ow!"

"You're an ass! That's definitely not how you put it."

"Didn't mean to lead you on," I roll my eyes to his comment. I start to move according to his directions and find the bedroom automatically. His whole room had a dark theme to it, the bed, curtains, sheets, nightstands.

I move to his royal Egyptian looking bed before ripping the corner off for me to get in, a new ceiling to stare up at. Taking as much as I can I turn to my side and cling onto myself, I need to at least try fall asleep.

There's t no reminders of Malic here, here I can try.

I don't make it far into my snooze, out of nowhere I'm shaken away with my name repeated to me. "Yes I'm waking her I right now-Nadia!" My eyes open to Tomas on the phone. "She's up, we'll be there in ten." He hangs up.

"What's-what's going on?" I sit up with half squinted eyes.

"Bailey and Tili got into trouble, again." He warps an arm around me pulling me out of bed and I follow.

"What?" I rub sleep form my eyes. "Bad trouble? What time is it?"

"I don't know, and it's-" he checks his phone. "-five in the morning." We start making our way back into the living area before putting out shoes on, we leave getting into his car and I throw my hood on before buckling in. This better be fucking good.

We stop in front of my home and then go up the elevator, even beige that I can smell Malic's presence and know this can't be any good.

The door dings open to a view of both my sisters sitting on the couch with their heads bowed, my father and mother on one side, then alpha Vincent, his wife, Malic and...miss blondie. I take my eyes off them. Immediately.

Why is she here? Why the fuck are they both here? Together?!

"Nadia," alpha Vincent speaks up sleep still stuck in his voice, so I wasn't the only one that was rushed here. "Your beta's seem to have gotten themselves in an unfortunate incident."

"What happened?" I step forward making sure to stay on my fathers side.

"They keyed our cars." I look up at Malic's words, my eyes go form him to my sisters them to him again. "Caught them just as they were finishing up and had to tackle Bailey down myself." I take another glance at her. Her joggers are ruffed up.

"What did they write?" Tomas speaks up for me.

"The truth."

"Shut up Bailey." Tilts hushes her.

"See for yourself." Malic hands his phone over to Tomas and I lean closer in to see what he's looking at. The first picture has the word cheater in bold keyed into it and the second picture is a white car, not belong to Malic with the incomplete word whore on it.