Part VIII

*TW: Rape — Ally talks about her first time, which was consensual but not a great experience. She wasn't raped but Harry does implicitly ask if she was.*

Harry's POV

Waking up beside my Ally baby is something I don't think I'll ever get used to. I still can't believe we live together now.

I can't believe she's been mine for almost three years now, and we've lived together for almost one. I almost had a stroke when she asked me. It was right before midterm season of last year, our second year, and like usual I was stressed to the max. Ever since that one time in first year where I almost lost her for good, I have worked extremely hard to balance school and Ally in my life. It's exhausting at points, and some days are harder than others but we always manage to get through it. We make sure of it.

It's been amazing though, being her boyfriend. I didn't think I'd ever be anyone's boyfriend let alone someone like Ally. She's incredible, every minute I'm with her I love it. I never want the day to end with her but now that we live together, they never do.

Ally had come over to my apartment at the time, which I shared with Tris. Tris was moving out to live with her girlfriend Sophie so I had been scrambling to find a new place, or a new roommate. I was kind of bummed that Tris was leaving but I understood why and I was happy for her. She had come out to me one night when we were working on an assignment together. She looked so nervous telling me, and it kind of made me happy on the inside that my opinion clearly mattered to her a lot.

"Okay," was all I managed to utter, not sure what the right thing to say was. "Okay?" She had echoed, her brows furrowed. I shrugged my shoulders, "it doesn't change a-anything Tris. I'm happy f-for you. Love is love."

I wasn't expecting a hug from her but I welcomed it all the same. Tris is one of my best friends and she means a lot to me. I was really happy for her when she introduced me to Sophie. I liked her and she seemed to like me too which was a plus. It felt good to have people like me, I still wasn't quite used to that yet.

The thought of living with Ally had crossed my mind but I didn't have the guts to ask her. I didn't want to disturb her living arrangements cause she seemed happy, she loved living with Lydia and Khloe. She'd always tell me about their late night hangouts when I was unavailable and it made me feel good that had people like them in her life, ones that made her happy. She deserves nothing less.

When she asked me, I was most definitely taken aback. We were having a movie night at my place, her body curled up into mine as we watched Tangled in my bed. She turned to look at me, her chin resting on my chest as she flashed me a bright grin, her hands rising up to fix my glasses on my face. I peered down at her, tightening my arms around her body as I mirrored her smile, loving how she could make me this happy just from the way she looked at me.

"Harry...." she mumbled, flitting her gaze from mine to look at my chest, which was bare from her demand that I "stay shirtless around her at all times." Her fingers brushed over my new tattoos — an 'A' on my shoulder for my mum and a rose on my forearm for Raya, her favourite flower — before reaching up to play with one of the new necklaces I had recently bought, a cross chain.

I furrowed my brows as I waited for her to speak, I didn't know why she was so nervous about whatever it was that she had to tell me. We'd been dating for so long now that nothing was awkward between us anymore, even if I did still get nervous around her at times.

"W-What is it?" I asked, reaching out to grab the remote and pause the movie, knowing it was her favourite. I didn't want her to miss it, but I wanted to give her my undivided attention. I cupped her face in my hand as I peered down at her, taking note of the nervousness written all over her face.