Chapter 38: Mysterious thing, time

Hermione Pov

We heard footsteps in the hallway and turned to the door. Professor Dumbledore walked in. "You've got to stop them, they've got the wrong man" I said running up to them. "It's true Sir, Sirius is innocent" Harry said.

"It was Scabbers who did it" Ron said, making the Professor turn to him. "Scabbers!?" The professor clarified. "He's my rat Sir,he's not really a rat, well he was a rat, he was my brother Percy's rat, then they gave him an owl-"

"We know the truth" I interupted. "Please believe us" I added. "I do miss Granger, but I'm sorry to say the word of four thirteen year old wizards will convince the others.

"A child's voice, however honest and true, is meaningless, to those who have forgotten to listen" The professor added as he walked towards Ron. He put his hand on Ron's leg, causing Ron to flinch. He held his scream in as the professor took his hand off.

"Mysterious thing, time, powerful, and when meddled with, dangerous, Sirius Black is the top most cell on top of the dark tower. You know the laws miss Granger, he must not be seen, and you would do what I feel before this last chime, if not the consequences are too ghastly to discuss."

"If you succeed tonight, more than one innocent life may be spared.Three turns should do the thing" The professor said as the clock chimed.

"Oh and when in doubt, I feel retracing my steps to begin, good luck." he added before walking away. "What the bloody hell was that all about" Ron said as soon as the Profesor left.

"You heard him Mione, you know what he meant" I heard Y/n say as she got up and walked towards me. "I'm sorry Ron seeing as you can't walk" I said as I pulled out my time turner and putting it over Y/n and Harry's neck as well. I turned it three times and it started spinning on its own.

3rd person Pov

It was as if they were watching a film fast forward backwards. Events of the day that occurred in the hospital wing sped up backwards, and the room became brighter. The moving stopped and Hermione took of the time turner.

"What just happened, where's Ron" Harry asked confused. "7:30 where we at 7:30" Y/n asked. "We were going to Hagrids" Hermione replied. She grabbed Harry's arm and ran out the door. "And remember, we can't be seen" Y/n added running. "Hermione, Y/n!" Harry exclaimed running with them, still confused.