Chapter 98

Song Yan sneered and said, "So your peacekeeping forces can kill us people who have no power?"

"Your rebirth has led to the creation of the Zero Realm. The moment the new plane diverts from the original trajectory, it will enter the trajectory of other planes, causing the collision of the two. Now, try to imagine what will be the consequence."

Song Yan was struck: "Since you are so powerful, why don't you go back to the past and turn the time and space back? Now that the trajectory of time and space has changed, what use is there for you to kill me?"

"What has happened cannot be changed arbitrarily," Song Huaixing said, "Even if you change, you can't turn back the offset trajectory of time and space. But no one can predict the butterfly effect. You think you can reverse the trajectory, but in fact, because of your extra effort, it will lead to the birth of a new parallel plane. The entire universe becomes more and more crowded. The space trajectory becomes more and more chaotic and the disasters of plane collisions will be seen everywhere."

Song Yan took a deep breath: "So, you will kill me anyway, right?" 

Song Huaixing shook his head: "It doesn't make sense to kill you now." 

Song Yan: "..."

"The mudslide in Zilin Village should've killed a lot of people but because of your advance warning, everyone's lives were saved. After that, spatial displacement occurred one after another. The speed of spatial fragmentation accelerated and the birth of a new parallel plane was unavoidable."

Song Yan opened his mouth, not knowing what to say. He never thought that what he and Xia Lin had done since their rebirth would lead to the birth of a new plane. 

Isn't this too bad?

"What's more," Song Huaixin continued, "There are many ways to make you die but we changed our minds. We came to you this time and informed you. We only have one purpose. I just hope you can cooperate with us in the future."

Du Lanze interrupted and said: "Huaixing, didn't you say that the uncontrollable factors of Plan B were too great? Why have you changed your mind now?" 

Song Yan asked: "What is Plan B?"

"Plan B is the opposite of Plan A," Song Huaixing said, "Originally, our plan A was to kill you and Xia Lin before the new space was created and then slowly guide the space through fifty or a hundred years back to its original trajectory. But Ke Mei tried his best to protect you from death..."

Song Yan raised his head and glanced at Ke Mei, a little surprised. Ke Mei just stood there without speaking.

"This is the end of that matter. We can only take the risk of starting Plan B to accelerate the speed of space fragmentation so that the parallel plane will be born ahead of time and jump into a new trajectory. So that even if the two space trajectories overlap, as long as the speed of one side is accelerated, it is possible to avoid space collision."

Song Yan was stunned after hearing it, "Speed up space fragmentation? How?"

"The speed depends on the breadth and depth of the destiny change. At the beginning of Xia Lin's rebirth, he only changed the destiny of himself and a few people around him so the frequency of spatial fragmentation is low; but as time goes by, especially after you are reborn, under the combined influence of your forces, more and more people's destinies have been changed because of you. The peak is the mudslide in Zilin Village."

"I understand," Song Yan said, "The most intuitive way to change your destiny is to survive and die. It is impossible to kill but it is always possible to save other people." 

"It can also be understood as doing charity and scientific research, as long as it can drastically change the face of society," Ke Mei added. 

Song Yan showed a thoughtful expression.

"We didn't intend to implement Plan B. After all, this is more radical and risky than Plan A." Song Huaixing said, "But Ke Mei tried his best to protect you. This time, the Zilin Village incident proves that you have a sense of social responsibility. Man, now that you have seen me, I might as well talk to you frankly and entrust plan B to you. It should be a more reliable thing."

It was the first time that Song Yan was praised "with a sense of social responsibility" and he was a little embarrassed. 

"However, my ability is limited after all. Would it be nonsensical if I speed up the separation of time and space by doing charity?"

"You don't have to worry about this," Song Huaixing said. "Your power alone may be limited but if you use your Song Group to influence society, the affected area will be expanded a lot. We will provide you with various resources as much as we can to promote your Song family to the world and increase your international influence but one thing is that every step of your business must be approved by us in advance."

Song Yan was stunned for a moment then muttered, "Are you using me as a puppet?"

"Don't say it so badly," Du Lanze smiled, "It's just cooperation with each other. You are in the light, we are in the dark. We are all fighting for the same goal and no one is meant to be a puppet. What's more is that our support, money, reputation, and status will all be at your fingertips. Isn't that good?"

Song Yan laughed mockingly.

Money, reputation, status. 

He once had such a dream but that was to give his loved ones happiness. 

Now that his legs can no longer walk, he has lost the most basic qualification to pursue Xia Lin so those things don't have any meaning to him.

Ke Mei saw Song Yan staring at his left leg in a daze and said, "Song Huaixing can heal your leg."

Song Yan suddenly raised his head and looked at Song Huaixing hopefully but he heard Song Huaixing say: "I do have the ability to heal your legs but I don't plan to do this. We can give you everything you want but your health must be mortgaged with me."

"Why?" Song Yan asked disappointedly.

"Because human ambition is a bottomless pit. The more you get, the greater your desire. As I said, there are too many uncontrollable factors in Plan B and the biggest factor is you. I can give you all kinds of things you want except your health. There must be something to remind you at all times. No matter where you go in the future, do not forget your original intention."

Song Yan didn't speak anymore and just looked down at his injured leg and fell silent.

The other three people in the room looked at each other without interrupting them. They knew that Song Yan would need some time to make a decision.

After a short while, Song Yan raised his head again and looked at Song Huaixing: "I can promise to cooperate with you but I hope you can also agree to my two requirements."

Song Huaixing said: "What is it?"

"First, don't disturb Xia Lin's life. I will try my best to cooperate with what you need but please don't involve Xia Lin." 

Song Huaixin nodded and said, "There is no problem with this."

"Second, Xia Lin died of a terminal illness in the previous life. If he still suffers from the same disease in this life, I hope you can save his life." He said to Ke Mei the second half of the sentence.

Ke Mei said: "My medical skills can only treat patients within the scope of my ability. If it is a terminally ill situation, I can only ask Huaixing for help." 

Song Yan turned his attention to Song Huaixing again. Song Huaixing pondered for a moment, then said: "Okay, I promise you."

Summary for people like me who are confused: 

The three representatives from higher planes asked for Song Yan's cooperation (like doing charity to change other people's destiny) to speed up the trajectory of their plane and avoid collision with other planes.