• Chapter 12 •

Hi! So someone asked me for Axel's aesthetic. Here you go!

************************************************************************

We all were spread out in dad's office, waiting for an explanation. Talia was downstairs with Rhea, playing.

"You are saying that it was that old buffoon who planned the accident which killed mom, and he was the one to threaten her to leave us?", Sandra asks, his voice rising with each word.

"Yes, but wait for a moment, I promise we'll explain it all", Dad says with a sigh.

"We?", Enzo questions. Then it strikes me. Adriano, he knew too. I direct my accusing glare to my oldest brother, but he just looks at me with raised eyebrows.

"Why didn't you tell us?", I ask harshly.

"You all are irrational and unpredictable. God knows, what would have happened if we had told you", he points out. The door to dad's office opens and in walk my uncle, aunt and Chloe. 

Chloe spots me, walks over and sits between me and Luca.

"What's happening? I was talking to Chase and the next thing I know, I am being dragged here", Chloe whispers.

"You are still with that guy?", Luca grumbles.

"The old geezer showed up, turns out he is the one ruining our family", I say at the same time.

"You idiot! I meant our dog, Chase, not my ex. But there's no difference anyway. As for that ancient turtle, I call dibs on the first shot", Chloe grins. A clearing of throat draws our attention.

"We all called you here for three reasons", Dad starts.

"One, your grandfather will definitely be targeting us. So, we will be increasing security around all of you. Especially, Talia and Levi", my uncle says.

"Second, none of you will leave the house without our permission. Especially you two", Aunt Vivian says pointing at me and Chloe.

"Third, it's about Kira. When I found out about Kira's death, I hired a PI to investigate the cause for her accident. I had a suspicion that there was more to it then a simple car accident", my dad says. He then pauses and takes a deep breath.

"The breaks in the car were tampered with. And she left because somehow my stupid excuse of a father found out that she was pregnant, so he threatened her", he finishes.

There is a pin drop silence in the room until Luca asks, "So what next? What's the plan?"

"We lure him out and then we finish him", Aunt Vivian says. Both my father and uncle look surprised.

"We don't need to resort to violence. We can easily put a bounty on his head and then the assassins will deal with him.", Dad scowls.

"Leo, I hate to say this, but this fire won't go out with water. It will only spread. You need fire to fight with fire. Besides, we need to establish our supremacy over that old loon in the underworld. This is the best way", she retorts. 

Even I have to agree that she has a point.

"We will discuss the plan later", my aunt orders.

"We will?", My uncle mutters, while my father shoots her an annoyed look.

"Yes, we will", she says firmly. 

"But my love-", Uncle Dante starts to protest.

"You utter one more word and you can kiss our bed goodbye. I'll sleep alone, happily", my aunt snaps at him.

"But-"

"Fine then, have it your way! I hope you have fun sleeping on the couch tonight", saying that, my Aunt storms out of there, with Uncle right on her heels with a pitiful expression.

"Well! I better follow them", Chloe says getting up and leaving. Seeing her expression, there fight obviously isn't something new, and apparently is a recurring thing. Dad watches both of them in the garden through the glass window with a longing expression.

He must also miss mom. Don't we all.

"Dad?", Adriano calls.

"Yes", Dad answers.

"We don't spare him, family or not", he says. Dad stares at him for a few seconds before nodding.

"Okay", he replies.

"Talia!", Enzo yells

"Enzo!", Talia squeals.

I roll my eyes at the two of them as they chase each other around the mini theatre. It was already afternoon and today, we were binge watching some Disney movies according to Talia's choice.

Two major incidents had happened today. First my grandfather visited and then my uncle's family visited us, all in the span of a single morning.

"Little Lia, which movie do you want to see?", I ask, grabbing the remote from Luca's hands. She tilts her head for a bit before exclaiming 'Dragon'. Took us two minutes to figure out the movie. It's full name was 'Raya and the Last Dragon'

It was, well, okay. Thankfully, there were no awkward kiss scenes which needed a hand over Talia's eyes.

"Don't they have school in Kumandra? And how the hell can a baby be a thief?", Adriano kept muttering beside me.

"That reminds me, Tesoro, you will be starting your school from tomorrow. All the supplies have already been ordered", Papa says.

"Really!?", then she jumps up and squeals, "I'm going to school"

"Are you happy Lia?", I ask softly.

"Yes, but will I be able to make friends?", she asks worriedly.

"Of course you will! No one can say no to our Little Lia!", I say tickling her. She squeals and hides behind Lucio, who picks her up and runs all the way across the room. 

Next thing we know, an all out tickling war breaks out in the theatre. 

Hopefully, the matter with our piece of crap grandfather can be solved quickly, and we all don't need to worry about each other. I just hope my family makes out of this disaster safely.

****************************************************************

So, did you all like the chapter?

Which two brothers do you like the most? 😉

As for the next chapters POV, give me some suggestions please!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Until next time! 🤗