thirty two

"Why am I not surprised that they're still not here," Jaemin laughed.

They arrived at the house 15 minutes ago, while the pair hasn't arrived yet when they all left at the same time.

"Eh, let them be," Chenle said waving it off.

All of the members then dispersed and went to their rooms to rest. The pair arrived 20 minutes later with fast food, and the members all rushed from whatever they were doing to eat.

The house then fell into silence as everybody went to sleep.

• • •

The house was still silent but not everyone was asleep anymore, the sky still dark, the sun not yet rising.

Mark sat on the kitchen stools staring into nothingness, the noise of a chair being moved caught his attention and he looked to the source of the sound.

"Did you just wake up or did you not sleep?" She asked, sitting beside him.

"I slept for a few hours, I don't know why I woke up this early," He pouted slightly rubbing his eyes.

Chaerin smiled and rested her chin on her palm, she looked at Mark. His forehead was creased and his eyes weren't focused on anything particular.

She then lifted her head and asked Mark a question.

"Want to go for a drive?"

Mark snapped out of his reverie and looked at her skeptically.

"No we are not going to race at 5:00 am," She rolled her eyes, "Just a morning drive, to watch the sunrise, besides races are done at this time,"

Mark still looked doubtful and Chaerin tugged on his arm.

"Come on I am not going to drift on the highway, I promise,"

"Fine,"

• • •

"Do you usually drive at this time?" Mark asked staring outside the window.

"Actually yes, sometimes when I can't sleep I go for a drive or when my sleep is interrupted,"

A comfortable silence filled the air.

"Ask away," She said.

"What?"

"I could see you want to ask questions, Mark," she smiled glancing at him, "Go ahead,"

Mark scoffed and looked at the window once more before turning back to Chaerin.

"What's your favorite color?" He asked.

"What?" she said, surprised at his question. She expected everything but this.

"Yeah, what's your favorite color," He chuckled at her reaction.

"Uh," She thought for a second before glancing back at him, "Brown,"

"Brown?"

"I used to not have a favorite color,"

"Why the color brown?"

She looked in his direction, the reason right in front of her.

She shrugged, "It's comforting, it reminds me of something," she smiled.

"Is it my turn to ask questions now?" She asked a smile on her lips.

"Fair, go ahead,"

"Cats or dogs?"

He chuckled at her question, "Dogs,"

"Would Taeyong allow us to adopt a dog?"

Mark thought for a while, "Actually I don't know,"

The morning was spent with them asking each other questions until the sun rose.

___________________________

exhilarating | mark leegabrielle_010

gabrielle_010