Chapter 49

~~~~~~

"Oh my God!"

"It's so pretty!"

"It's even better to look at in real life!"

"Wow~!"

"I can't believe we're going to live here!"

The B and A-Rank students continued to get out of their magical school bus, cheering and jumping around in excitement as they formed a crowd in front of the gates of the Royal Castle.

Teachers, pupils and beginners of all types gathered together and awed at the sight in front of them. They all had been waiting for this day for weeks and it was finally here, they were finally going to spend their two-week vacation at the Royal Castle of King and Queen Marigold.

The only person who wasn't excited was Majestic Academy's very own principal, Emerald Du Marigold, the daughter of the King and Queen of Majestia.

This would be the first time in 12 years that she would visit the Royal Castle and she wasn't pleased. In her mind, she was done with this place forever. She never wished to come back for it held too many nostalgic and tragic memories. Memories of her sister, memories of Henry, memories of her firstborns, and all the struggle she went through because of those people. She was no longer that 18-year-old girl who had gotten pregnant with her first love, she was now an adult in her 30s and she no longer wanted to associate herself with this place.

Yet, now not only did she have to spend two weeks here but she would see her parents occasionally as well, parents who had only caused her headaches and problems the past 12 years. She took in a deep breath, knowing that for her students and school she had to be extremely professional and not let her emotions get the best of her, but that was going to be a difficult task.

They walked through the gigantic metallic gates of the castle, only to be amazed by the large gardens and fields of the place. It extended pretty far and the students gladly walked the way, far too euphoric to care.

The royal castle was huge, 12x the size of any normal house that would be on the streets of Amalthea. It was made of pure crystal which glowed different colours in different angles due to the bright sun shining on it. It was like looking at a fairy tale, a castle or a landscape you could only find in stories and myths. It was bigger than anyone imagined and prettier than all of Majestic Academy combined. Its tall towers reached immeasurable heights and its width so far you could run a marathon around it.

The sky was a pretty clear blue, and the daylight made the crystal sparkle and glimmer under its rays. The greenery was kept well and it was easy to notice the cleanliness and proper care given to it. No rose petal or leaf was left brown and ruined, no tree was absent of its fruits and flowers and it was all placed in such a manner you would think God himself had crafted this beauty rather than Majestians.

The students walked in through the large metal front doors that squeaked as they opened. They all gasped and murmured together as one of the Royal Castles Chamberlain gave them a small quick tour of the place.

First, he guided them through a long hallway that led to huge stairs right in the middle. There were doors to the left and right of those stairs but he explained that those were used by the maids and cleaners as well as chefs of the castle and there was no need to bother them.

The steps then guided them to a long hallway consisting of many double doors with the crests of the many different families in the royal court such as the Oberon Family and the Moon Family of the Elemental Family of Water. Most of these were bedrooms that we're used by visiting guests of other royal courts and chambers for upcoming dukes and duchesses.