Chapter-42

Arinya's POV

I slumped onto my work chair the moment I stepped in my cabin after I barged my way out of Aiden's office. I have started getting along exceptionally well with Ashton's guy gang on the friendship parameter and it's actually satisfying. This budding friendship is making me realise how lucky one is to have such amazing yet notorious friends to paint their lives with great joys. Not to forget, they make you do stuff which you wouldn't do otherwise.

I was grinning like a fool when I heard a squeal. Guess who would it be, yes right, of course Samantha.

"Big-ups to our boss for doing whatever he did to make you smile like that."
She said teasingly.

"That is somehow weirdly creepy too." Elle joked.

"You guys really need to wipe those unholy thoughts off your mind." I replied with a chuckle.

"Babe, we never mentioned anything relating to unholy thoughts..."
Elle came ahead and slung her arm over my shoulder.

"Which means somebody did do something severely sinful today."
Samantha enthusiastically completed the sentence for Elle and both of them laughed.

"Let's get into the details, shall we?" Elle nudged me on my side playfully.

"Sheesh! You two." I exasperated.

I made them sit opposite to me and narrated the whole prank scene. They laughed crazily for five minutes straight.

"This is funny but I actually feel a little sorry for the boss-man."
Elle said in between her distorted giggling patterns.

"Oh honey tell me about it, his cracking voice was so upsetting." I replied.

"He undoubtedly is head over heels in love with you."
Elle said and smiled her signature dazzling smile.

"Seriously! Before you, none of us could imagine him going all gaga over someone."
Sam exclaimed. I couldn't help but feel mushy.

"Frankly, I've been desperately wanting to do something for him too. I want to bring a genuine hearty smile on his face. I just need to figure out what he actually wants."
I said contemplating what could possibly be a heart-touching gift or gesture for him.

"That's ridiculously adorable." Elle spoke sweetly in a baby voice.

"Let us know if you need our help anytime." Sam smiled at me and I nodded.

"One more thing.." I said, creating a little suspense.

"Spill it already." Elle said impatiently.

"Ashton is taking me to meet his parents tomorrow." I said it nervously yet so quickly that it took them a moment to analyse and interpret the information.

Both of them gasped, squealed and rushed to pull me in a group embrace.

Oh Lord, these two are incredibly so sweet!

"Holy mother of God. You've got to be kidding me." Sam shouted in my ear.

"Ashton freaking King taking you to meet his parents is massive." Elle too shouted.

"You'll make me cry girls." I whispered emotionally and they chuckled.

We pulled apart and they got seated again.

"By the way, we came here to inform you that we're going for event's day dress shopping after office hours and you're joining us." Elle informed.