MᴀRʀY ᴍE

Aayat's POV

Aayat's POV

An awful morning welcomed me as I slid my eyes open, only to throb into the bathroom and puke shoddily. My whole body shivered with the pain while my throat ached suppressing what's inside.

Clearing my throat multiple times, I gagged some more of grungy, stinky waste material out of my achy windpipe.

Washing off my face from the raunchy mouth wagon I had, I surpassed to the room.

After a couple of seconds, my sense was allowed back to my brain. I menaced at the sight out of the window. It was phenomenal.

The sun was about to rose from its sleep too, as it's upper rim started to touch the surface of the beautifully chiseled horizon. It was a sight to lure at. To sit and gawk it for hours.

Such a wistful fate to be, that the dawn was archangelic but my life had become a railroad of sorrow and remorse. Iterate facets of dolor and woe, trial and tribulation, misery and malady were the only substitutes I was touted to.

As I was engrossed in my thoughts, a sudden realization hit me. It wasn't the urge to throw up that disturbed my sleep. It was the adhan. The Fajr Adhan.

How? There was no adhan to be heard ever since I entered this malicious place. Let alone the adhan not even a single prick of sound could be auscultated in this sequestered area.

Was I daydreaming? Or actually dreaming?

No! I wasn't. It was so clear. So audible. So pleasing. As a soulful melody providing a soothing vibe to my ears. But from where?

Reckoning the situation, I navigated that it's been almost half an hour. The sun was not up yet. I still had time to pray.

Without wasting a second, I prayed. For the first time I bellowed my head in the praise of Allah, the Almighty in the past 6 days.

While I rose my hand to make duaa to Him. The one whom I could rely on.

Flashes of night rummaged my brain as his words echoed in my ear. 'Tomorrow is a big day. We are leaving this place'. Soon those words could rip my heart apart, with the fear that is he actually going to sell me or worse rape me?

I again made an unduly attempt enumerating that what was the rationale behind his doings? How is it possible that I am still a virgin? Like the usual day, I was left with no answers, but bundle of questions. The questions were so demeaning that I felt my head will explode with the dose of overthinking. I had to undo this.