II - A Good Leader

"Down." Lauren instructed, watching the crowd of cops do their push-ups under the open sun.

At the moment, Lauren was punishing the ones who came in late at work. Even Simon was in the field.

"Who is she? How is she able to boss Chief Simon?" Dinah whispered towards Camila.

"S.A. 27." Normani chimed in the conversation.

"Sorry, but who are you?" Dinah asked, surprised.

"I'm Agent Normani Kordei, I work with her." Normani smiled.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Dinah apologized.

"What does S.A. 27 stand up for?"

"Special Agent number 27." Normani smiled.

"Elle, or as she's known in the office. Detective/Agent Elle. Is one of the highest ranking Officials of the Agency. In fact she was the youngest to gain the position she has now." Normani said.

"To show your professionalism, please address her as Detective or Agent Elle. As for me, I would appreciate it if you call me Agent Mani." Normani smiled.

"Unless we become close and you can just call me Mani." Normani said.

"I like Mani better." Dinah smiled.

"I'll make an exception for you then." Normani chuckled.

"Didn't you call her a different name yesterday?" Camila asked, confused.

"What I called her is her real name, Lauren. Elle is an extended version of her first name initial." Normani smiled.

"Or the last four letters of my second name." Lauren chimed in, making Normani chuckle and face her.

"What's up?" Normani asked, looking at the raven who walked towards them.

"I see you're enjoying your time here. Agent Kordei."

"I really am, S.A. 27." Normani teased, to which Lauren shook her head in an embarrassed way.

"No need to call me that." Lauren said.

"Excuse me Special Agent, then what do you want us to call you?" Dinah asked.

"I go by Agent or Detective Elle." Lauren said, looking at Dinah then at Camila. Camila felt heat rush to her cheeks as she looked away in embarrassment.

"You said last four letters of your second name, is it Gabrielle?"

"No."

"Janelle?"

"No."

"Giselle?"

"Oh! Danielle?"

"Arielle?"

"I'll let you know one day Officer...Hansen." Lauren chuckled, turning around.

"Okay Detective." Dinah agreed.

"How about this?" Dinah asked, while Lauren looked at her with raised brows.

"I will ask you every now and then. Then you have to answer me." Dinah smiled.

"It can be a silent nod, or shake. Even a thumbs-up or a thumbs-down." Dinah added.

"Alright."

"Do I get something when I finally guess it?"

"Since you're the nicest and probably the most efficient one. Okay." Lauren agreed.

"Think of something you want. I'll grant it if you get my second name."