Chapter 32

Isabella's POV:

I was going to leave but the knock interrupted. Alex told the person to come in and Theresa poked her head inside, "Dinner is ready kids," she said and went outside. Alex put some files on the desk and said, "Let's go." I nodded at him and followed him to the dining room. We got seated and Theresa served us. "Why don't you sit with us, Theresa?" I asked her. "I already ate but thank you for asking dear," she replied. "Now come on you guys eat up before the food gets cold," she said sternly in her motherly tone and walked away. We nodded and started eating. She prepared vegetable lasagna and it was damn tasty. I unintentionally moaned when I tasted the lasagna making Alex groan. "What happened Alex?" I asked worriedly. "Everything is fine. Just don't make such noises," he replied. I just nodded and we ate in silence.

After finishing our food I took the plates and started washing. "You know you don't have to do this?" Theresa said as she came into the kitchen. "I don't mind," I said. "Now shoo. I'll do the rest," Theresa said. "It's fine. I'm almost done I said. "Let her do Theresa she won't listen to you," Alex said. I rolled my eyes at him. "But she needs to rest. She looks so thin," Theresa said. "So do you. Now go and rest," I argued.

She just sighed and left muttering kids these days. I looked at Alex. He was looking at me in amusement. "What?" I asked him. "Nothing," he muttered and left the kitchen. I just shrugged and completed my work. I went into my room and tried to sleep. I already took a shower and changed my clothes so I just plopped into bed. Thinking about what happened today I slowly drifted to sleep. Around 3 I had a nightmare waking me up. I took a deep breath and calmed myself.

I walked into the kitchen and took a bottle of water for myself. I felt someone standing behind me. I turned around and saw Alex standing near the kitchen counter with his hands crossed to his chest. I gasped, "Jesus! You scared me," I said a little breathless. He switched the kitchen lights on and I silently gasped. He was wearing a white t-shirt that was accentuating his muscles and sweatpants. His hair was messy. Gosh can this man be more handsome than he already is? "What are you doing here?" he asked me, making his way towards the fridge. I moved out of his way and said, "I was thirsty. You?"

I can't say that I was having a nightmare and couldn't go back to sleep. Nah. He might make me feel safe but I can't tell him about what I'm going through. I wonder if I'd be able to move on from these things or not. "Working," he said, snapping me out of my thoughts. "At 3 in the morning?" I asked, quivering my eyebrow.

He just shrugged in reply. "Go to sleep Bella. We have to go to the café tomorrow," he said and went upstairs, probably in his room or office. Shrugging with my thoughts I made my way towards my room. I knew I was not going to sleep so I decided to start my work that was assigned by Rosa. She wanted this to be done by next week. I didn't realize it was 6 in the morning till my alarm went off.

I quickly made my way towards the bathroom. I had some time to get ready so I decided to take a bath. I put some essential oils and bubble bombs in the bath and got in after checking the temperature of the water. A sigh escaped from my lips as I felt the water. I felt so relaxed after a long time. I got out of the tub and made my way towards the closet. This man is freaking rich I have to say that. My bruises are still healing. So I applied ointment on them and wore a white shirt and tucked it in my jeans. I applied my regular makeup that consists of concealer to hide my bruises and eye bags, a little eyeliner, mascara and a cherry lip gloss. I sprayed some perfume and went downstairs.

It was already 7 when I went downstairs. Alex was sitting on one of the barstools, a kitchen counter with a mobile on one hand and coffee on the other. How can someone look this good every time? Shaking my head at these thoughts I made my way towards him. "Good morning Alex," I said to him. "Morning," he replied. I prepared coffee for myself. After a few minutes Theresa came into the kitchen and asked, "What do you want for breakfast Isabella?" "No, I don't want breakfast. I am fine," I replied. I'm not used to breakfast anyways. "Oh honey! You don't start your day without having breakfast, young woman. Now go and sit. I'll bring your breakfast," she ordered me sternly. "At least let me help," I said. "No. I'll be fine," she said, pushing me towards the barstools.

I glanced towards Alex who was trying to sneak out. "Alexander Ensor Knight don't you dare leave this house without having breakfast," she said looking at Alex. He sighed and sat down next to me murmuring always gets me under his breath and went back to his phone. My phone vibrated and saw it was Rosa.

Rosa: Are you done with the portal or do you need some more time?

Isabella: I'm almost done. I'll give it to you by Thursday.

Rosa: Ok. Just don't make any mistakes. This portal is very important.

I was about to reply but Theresa brought our plates filled with bacon and eggs. I thank her and start eating.

 I thank her and start eating

Isabella's clothes

Alexander's clothes

Alexander's clothes

Next chapter here guys!! Please vote and comment.

Enjoy!