81: The Todorov's & Volkov's

"What problem?" I prompt him to explain further while making sure that my volume doesn't exceed a whisper.

"The Todorov's are here," he mumbles into my ear pulling me closer to him by my waist.

"The who?" I voice my confusion, shifting my gaze to meet his for a brief moment before resuming my attempts to open the box.

"Vladimir and Tanya Todorov, they are Russian assassins working for the Volkov family themselves," he mutters with distress evident in his tone.

"We need to get out of here quick, these two being here can't be good," he adds causing me to frown.

"How do you know all this?" I question, shifting to face him completely.

"The two men standing behind her when she entered. The bald one is Vladimir's brother and if he's here it can only mean two things, either Vladimir is going join in a while or he's already here."

"How do you know these people?" I wonder aloud.

"The same way I know your brothers," he admits helping me connect the dots.

"Then I take it that the Volkov family is the Russian mafia family everyone keeps blaming for everything," I mumble in realization earning a sigh from Alessandro.

"This isn't the way I imagined you finding out about this," he breaths out. "But I can't undo what is already done. We just need to get out of here and then I promise if Xavier and the rest refuse to tell you, I will, okay?" He negotiates reading my eyes that are clouded with questions.

"But how are we going to escape?" I mumble taking note of the red blinking light of the camera from my peripheral vision.

"I'm positive that my dad and your brothers must have already gotten a head start with my GPS trail, we just need to buy ourselves some time," he explains draping his jacket over my shoulders, as I fail to conceal the icy shives that run down my spine.

His wordless act of kindness is enough to send waves of heat back to my cheeks, as I try to suppress the smile that threatens to curve my lips. "We only have until sunrise," I remark causing him to tense up immediately.

"We'll get through this," he reassures me just as the door reopens and a plate of white gooey substance is slide across the floor.

"I can't go awhile longer without food," I conclude tearing my gaze from the hauling substance sitting in the center of the room.

"So can I," he adds.

"When I get back, they better have a steaming hot red sauce meat lover pizza with extra cheese sitting on the table for me," I grumble under my breath earning a chuckle from him.

Ignoring this I close my eyes and picture myself back home in my warm comfy bed. But when realization strikes, I snap my eyes back open, "you won't be there," I mumble lowly, yet he hears it either way.

"I won't be where love?" My eyes widen a little at the endearment—but soon dismissed it when my previous thoughts invade my mind once again—I draw my gaze back to his enticing green orbits.

"Home," I sigh. "Once we get out of here, we will go back to living our old lives," I explain.

"I still don't understand why do you think I won't be there?" He replies appearing truly confused.

"Because I live here and you...don't." Even saying it out loud hurt a little, I like being close to him and with this entire fiasco ending—whenever it does—he will go back to living thousands of miles away from me.

"We'll cross that bridge when we reach that river," he dismisses while I rest my head on his shoulder engulfed in his warmth and encased by this protective aura, he carries with him.