31. You're Pretty

Draco's Pov:

I opened my eyes slightly, the bright light from the door shining through. I titled my head back and looked out the glass door. Snow covered almost everything in site. I turned my head back around and looked down at Adelpha.

Her bruising was slowly fading. Her hand gripped onto my sweater like I was leaving her, and I guess I was. I ran my fingers through her hair slowly. Taking in the feeling of her soft blonde hair. I placed a small kiss onto her head. She let out a hum of comfort. I smiled to myself and felt as she breathed in slowly and back out.

She was always so pretty. She was always so pretty in the sunset of the field between our houses, even when he had gotten beat she always put up a front and never failed to make me smile, no matter how much I was upset or not.

<>
"Hello Draco, what are you doing here?" She asked goofingly.
"Well Hello Adelpha I was waiting for you." I smiled.
Dumbfounded by her. I would do anything for her. I don't care what it would take.
"Oh is that so?" She asked with a smile on her face.
"Mhm."
"Well I guess I'm here." She said as she walked closer to me.
I pulled her hair behind her ear and laid a soft kiss onto her lips.
"You're so pretty." I mumbled as I pulled away.
I just hoped she looked at me and thought the same, because all I could ever think about when I was around her was 'shit she's so pretty.'

I shook my head at the distant memory. I missed those days. I always wondered why I always got the memories. They always came and went, even if I wasn't around her. I wondered if she got them too. Everything seemed so perfect then, I guess that should've been the hint to things aren't always as they seemed.

I just wished she wanted to stay together, even if it was in secret.

<>
"Draco?" She asked.
"Hm?" I hummed sheepishly.
"What if we stay together?" She asked. I looked up at her with a sympathetic look.
"You know what everyone at the school would think, and what about my parents I haven't told them about you, and your father would kill both of us."
I hadn't told my mother or father about us, my father believed in Slytherin supremacy, but that was also before he got help. I still wasn't comfortable telling them. I didn't want my father to be disappointed in me or relapse.
"What if we kept it a secret? Just me and you knew. If we had to go anywhere for a school function publicly we could go with different dates,  but just as friends."
"That'll hurt to much Adelpha."

"What are you thinking about?" Her morning voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Secrets." I mumbled, still deep in thought.

"What kind?" Hes pried.

"Remember that day when you asked if we could keep us a secret?"

"Vividly."

"What if we do that?" I asked.

"But you said it'll hurt to much." She said looking up at me.

Her green eyes looked hopefully, but I knew her to well. She never got her hopes up anymore. She was to used to being let down.

"Adelpha it hurts more being away from you and seeing you with other people, then maybe every now and then have to go to a party or dance with a friend instead of each other."  I said slightly raising my voice.

She continued to look at me, but didn't say anything. She turned away from me and laid her head on chest.

"Okay." She whispered.

"What?" I asked shocked.

"Okay, but you can't cheat on me again." She said sitting up.

"When did I ever-"