+ two

"so when are you heading over?"
"well, tonight."
"oh shit"
"you're welcome to come too!"

it excites me, but i have to say the usual, "i want to, but my body probably doesn't."
"that's fine man. when do you think you'll come then?"
"i could do tomorrow midday. i just gotta get some rest in and let these pills do their thing. i'll do a quick test and then head down."
"awesome! i got so much to show you."
"so much to see!" i chuckle.

"alright... i'm not gonna let you beat me any more. i'll go. night, dude." he hangs up the call and i sit back, tired.

i change into the baggy band tee i've always slept in and sit up at my pc for a little while.

justaminx twitch

i type it into the search bar. a couple results come up and i smile at them. little clips of her being as funny as usual, while retaining her endearing naivety.

as i climb into bed, i can't help but indulge the urge to text her.

becca

hey i got your letter!
it was really sweet, thank you
i'll be coming over to LA tomorrow
it'll be really nice to see you :)
also connor told me about twitch!
sounds cool, you gotta tell me about it

i always worry that she might still feel resentful but... the breakup was ages ago and she's always been so great. i just can't help but feel bad.

i wake up far too early, plagued with the insomnia that's always been a side effect from one of the meds i take. it sucks, but it means i get extra time.

the first few hours i spend buying tickets and packing extra stuff into my bags from the hospital. it's been... years, i think, since i last went away somewhere. how many pairs of socks do you even bring?? all of them?? i assume i should plan outfits...

all i own is baggy, thrifted ass clothes, so i throw in all the branded stuff i can find and try to make my wardrobe as "LA socialite" as possible.