|45| In your arms, there I lay Dead

Chapter 45: In your arms, there I lay Dead

__________________________________________

A/N: Longest fucking chapter I've written so yall in for a treat....

Or are you?👀

Please note:

CONTENT WARNING:⚠️
The chapter below, contains the following themes. Read with caution.
- Gory
- Self-harm (extreme)
- Violence
- Ritual and shit.
- mentions of blood, tearing skin etc
•••••••

And with that Happy Reading ^_^♡

Recommended music:
•Heart of Darkness- Secession studios
• Redemption- Eternal Eclipse
• AXIS- Tom Slayer
• the path of silence

Or any music from Eternal Eclipse
__________________________________________

Taehyung's eyes were sullen, seeming to carry a hundred emotions, swirling together in a single pot, boiling to a point of froth, neither spilling nor holding back, barely teetering on its edge. His face was pale, full of frost, looking hollow to his bones. To another's eyes, it would seem like the Detective might have taken a trip down to hell itself, but if one were to count all the events that had been going about in the Detective's life, they certainly wouldn't have the strength nor the courage to declare the thought out loud.

But for Taehyung, that wasn't just all of it.

He was anxious.

As his fingers caressed the sleek cool metal of his handgun, Taehyung felt a wave of repulsion crash into his insides.

He momentarily shut his eyes to stop his fingers from trembling, inhaling deeply to ease his veins, before he clutched the handgun once more and shoved it into his protective gear, sitting in silence.

Taehyung didn't want to think about irrelevant things at times like these, but he couldn't help it for the most when his thoughts continuously drifted from Jungkook to Jimin to Dr.Min to Jin to Jihyo.

Things were bleary as it already was between the first three and himself, Taehyung admitted.

But then again when he thought deeply of what happened to Jin and Jihyo... he couldn't help but wonder what had even gone down in the laboratory?

Although no one in the vehicle had yet voiced it out, wanting to focus on mission on hand, they still thought about it- knowing it was absurd for SeokJin to self-inflict because, if there was anything the specialist valued more than his abilities of picking out grime and throwing heedless insensitive remarks over a corpse, was his own face!

For someone who was obsessed with his face, SeokJin definitely wouldn't allow a scratch let alone push himself over to a point where he bloodied his own face to purple and red.

It was unnatural, bizzare even... a little terrifying too and for those who had their paths unfortunately crossed with Han SoJoong's during the shift-hours, ended up in a streak of misery, strengthening the foothold of suspicion that had gradually arisen in the Department.

There were not many who could deny at this point, afterall the Reaper did know a lot of things- the Department's routine, the officers, the ins and outlets. It even went as far as being recognized as 'ghost' for the criminal had managed to evade all the cameras set up in the crime scenes.