30

James had absolutely no idea what was going on. Sirius and his sister had been getting along so well during the break, and now they won't even look at each other... what happened?

Sirius stared out the window with disappointment obvious in his face. Ever since arabella kissed him in the tree house he had been looking forward to their time at Hogwarts... he had planned dates, trips to hogsmeade, and was going to show her all of his secret hideouts. Saying he was upset was an understatement... he was heartbroken. Why couldn't they just tell James? Was she embarrassed to be in s relationship with him? Was he not good enough for her? Of course I'm not good enough for her. Sirius thought.

Arabella sat alone in the back seat of the Potters range rover as the family rode together to the train station. She was trying her best to ignore all the thoughts she could hear from her family members and Sirius... it was rather difficult. Her emotions made it difficult. Whenever she felt down it was difficult to control who's thoughts she could hear and it was hard to block them out. Of course I'm not good enough for her. She heard Sirius' thoughts. Her heart broke a lot more... she didn't want to hurt him. She didn't want him to risk his friendship with James, she knew how much they meant to each other. However, she also knew that James should be supportive of his best friends relationships, but still she didn't want to risk anything.

The car pulled up in front of the train station as Sirius stared at the wonderful building. Well here we go. He thought before getting out of the car and grabbing his trunk from the back.

Arabellas eyes trailed in the Black boy as he walked quickly ahead of her with James. She couldn't help but be upset, they should be walking together. They should be laughing together as they walked onto the platform, onto the train, and all the way to Hogwarts... but thanks to her they weren't. Regret filled her mind.

Euphemia didn't miss anything. Her eyes bounced from Sirius to Arabella, then back to Sirius, then back to Arabella. She didn't miss the regret filled face of her daughter as she stared at the boy.

"What happened with you and Sirius?" Euphemia whispered to her daughter.

Arabella sighed, "nothing." She said as she picked up her trunk. She gave her mother a quick smile which was clearly fake.

"Bella..."

"It wasn't going to work out anyways mum." Arabella said as they followed the three boys into the station.

"You don't know that." Euphemia said trying to sound optimistic.

"That's not really helping mum." Arabella said with a small smile.

"Sorry hun."

____________________

"Come on Bella what's wrong?" Lily asked again.

"I've already told you nothing is wrong." She replied staring out the window.

"Bestie you just rejected my chocolate something is clearly wrong." Marlene said taking a big bite of her chocolate bar.

"Look I'm fine I promise." Arabella said giving them a smile.

"Bel-"

"I'll be right back." Arabella said before standing up and walking out of their compartment. She walked through the slightly crowded hallway, weaving in and out of groups of people that she passed.

She quickly found an empty compartment and shut the door behind her. She then pulled the curtain down over her window to give herself as much privacy as possible.

Arabella took a seat next to the window and dropped her head into her hands. This was harder than she thought it would be. Her heart ached and the knot in her throat was starting to hurt her.

As she stared out on the fields the train passed she felt warm tears begin to fall down her cheeks. She couldn't hold it in. She had been holding it in all day, and now that she was finally alone with her thoughts she couldn't do it anymore. She broke down into sobs, she rocked back and forth trying to settle down but it was nearly impossible. You did this to yourself. She thought. It's true. She did. It was all her fault, Sirius was ready to risk his friendship with James just so they could be together, and what did she do? She ended it. She lost the best thing that ever happened to her because she was scared of her brother possibly being mad at her.

She heard the door of her compartment start to slide open. She quickly steadied herself and wiped the tears off of her face before whoever was trying to get into the cabin was able to see her.

As soon as they walked in the two made eye contact.

"Bella what happened?" Jack Finch asked from the door.

"Nothing I'm fine." She replied looking out the window.

"How many times have you said that today?" He said taking a seat next to her.

"A lot."

"What's wrong? You have to talk to someone, might as well be me." He said.

"I uh... I ended things with Sirius." She said feeling her eyes water again.

"You were a thing?" He asked her with a confused face. "For how long?"

"Uh... thats a difficult question."

"Understood." He said wrapping his arms around the girl who had began softly crying again. "Can I ask why?"

She sighed and took a dee breath before speaking, "James would have flipped out if he saw us together. I didn't want to risk their friendship or make my brother hate me."

"So nothing bad happened?" Jack asked her.

She shook her head as more tears fell. "That's why it hurts so bad. There wasn't anything wrong with our relationship, if thats what I'll call it."

"Breakups hurt no mater what... but I can see how that only makes it hurt more." He said rubbing his hand up and down her arm in attempt to comfort her. "Maybe it will work out in the future, if you want it to."

"Maybe."

"Look, if you really care about him, and he really cares about you, then it will all work out in the end. You'll see."

"Thanks Jack. You're a great friend." Arabella said pulling him into a hug. "I should probably get back to my other friends now. They're probably questioning where I am." She said beginning to stand up.

"It'll be ok Bella. I promise." Jack said giving her a kind smile.

"Thank you Jack. I'll talk to you soon." She said before walking back out into the hallway of the train.