chapter twelve

My Wednesday afternoon was as normal as any other day. We had just finished watching a movie with a few other people from different dorms. We were discussing our plans for the two-week break that started on Friday.

I was about to voice my plans when my phone rang. "Hello?"

"Hello, Venessa!" It was my mother.

"Why are you shouting? I can hear you."

There was a lot of moving around before she spoke again. "Sorry," She chuckled. "How are you dear? I miss you."

"I'm fine." No one spoke for a few seconds. "Mum, why did you call?"

"Well, um I heard that you went home a while back with a few friends." I hummed in response. "I'm glad that you're making friends, honey."

"Is that all?" I asked.

"No. I know that your break is coming up soon and I–"

"You won't be home because of work. I know."

"Yes, but, you can come with me. I'm going to be in London for a show. I would love for you to come."

"I don't know, Mum–"

"You can even bring your friends! I'm sure they'd love to come and I want to meet them."

I sighed. "Okay. I'll ask them and let you know."

"Lovely! Text Lia by tomorrow and I'll have your flights booked for Sunday." She hung up.

I slid my phone into my pocket and returned to the common room.

"Damn, who died?" Blake asked.

"No one, it was just my Mum calling," I answered, sitting down next to him.

Kira sat up from her slouched position. "What did she want?"

I groaned and buried my face in my hands. "She wants to know if you guys want to come with me to London. She has a show there and I guess she wants to meet you all." No one spoke so I carried on. "Please don't feel pressured to say yes. It's not that big of a deal. The shows are boring."

"Not that big of a deal?" Kira stood, perplexed. "What are you on about? Boring or not this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! It's the Anastasia Levvi. Sign me up." She grinned.

"What about you guys?" I glanced at everyone else.

"Sure, why not." They all agreed.

"Perc, what about you?"

He shrugged. "I'll think about it."

I would be lying if I said I wasn't slightly disappointed. I really wanted to spend time with everyone outside of school. Especially, Percy, I feel as if my chemistry with him isn't as strong as it is with everyone else. I wanted to get to know him better.

"Cool, I'll text Lia," I said, smiling.

-

Blake lay sprawled on my bed while I took out various outfits from my cupboard. Our trip to London was tomorrow and I wasn't ready. Tristan, Kira, and Ryan were out to get food and Percy was God knows where. Blake happily volunteered to keep me company, although he hasn't packed either.

Percy still hadn't given his answer and I was worried he wouldn't come.

"Hey," I sat down.

Blake set his phone aside and sat up. "What's up?"

"Does Percy not like me or something?"

"What? Where's this coming from?" He frowned and shuffled closer.

I sighed heavily. "I don't know. He just hasn't said anything about coming with us tomorrow."

"Don't worry about it, he'll probably let you know by the end of today. He's always like that." He laughed. "Do you want him to come that bad?" He smirked.

"I just want everyone to be there," I said dismissively.

"I bet you want him to be there more than anyone right?" He snickered.

I rolled my eyes and got up. "Fuck off."

He pulled me back down and hugged me. "I'm just playing with you."

"Let go of me, dumbass. You smell funky." I lied, trying to get out of his grip.

He gasped loudly before lunging at me. "Blake! Get off me!" That only encouraged him to place his hands at my sides and tickle me.

"Please, stop." I cried between fits of laughter.

To my surprise, he actually stopped. When I opened my eyes again he was frowning. His eyes were set on my exposed abdomen. I tried to get up and cover myself but he pushed me back down.

"What the fuck, Nessa." He said softly.

Panic rushed through my body. "T-they're old." I stammered.

"How old?" He asked, his facial expression more scared than worried.

"Almost a year…" I answered quietly.

He lightly traced the scars with his fingers. "Why?"

"I don't know. I just–" Tears started to build up and I couldn't speak.

"Hey, it's okay. You don't have to tell me anything if you're not comfortable." He gently held my face and wiped away my fallen tears.

"I'm sorry."

"You have nothing to be sorry about. I'm always here if you need someone to talk to, don't forget that." He placed a gentle kiss on my forehead and leaned down to hug me.

"Uh, are we interrupting something?" Tristan, Ryan, and Kira stood at the door with confused expressions.

Blake cursed lightly before hurrying off of me."You're not interrupting anything." I quickly sat up and tried to fix my hair.

They didn't look convinced. "Right. We'll be in the CC when you two are done." Tristan said.

"No you guys don't have to–" He shut the door before Blake could finish. "Well, fuck me, now what?"

"Um, could you not tell them about – you know." I nervously bit my lip.

"Yeah, of course. It's none of my business nor is it theirs. Just remember that we're all here for you." He smiled.

I mumbled a 'thank you’ before engulfing him in a tight hug. I'm actually quite grateful for the friends I made here. It's refreshing to have people that care about you.

yeah.

comment | vote | share