Chapter 10: Lunch break

Xingqiu's pov:
I saw Chongyun arriving to the roof, I called out and waved at him catching his attention.
He came over to me and I pat the spot next to me signaling for him to sit down which he did.

"So why are we on the rooftop?"

"We always ate lunch here since we came to this school. We decided tgis would be our 'usual place' where we meet up"

"Oh, well the view is nice.. Was it always like this?"

"Mostly yes, except some new trees and stuff."

We started eating our lunch together while talking

"And were there any events I missed?"

"You missed the Windblume Festival but other than that nothing."

"Oh, and what's that festival like?"

"Man don't tell me you forgot everything about holidays and festivals-"

"I remember something with lanterns- and uh- Christmas, and Halloween"

"Ah yes the Lantern Rite was at January, we went to it together, I have some pictures at home of it"
And in my locker but he doesn't need to know that-

"I see, it feels so unfair that I don't remember any of our memories.."

"Hey.. Don't feel so down! At least you didn't forget the things your learnt."

"Yeah but memories and learning is not the same."

"Cheer up! We can always create new memories!"
I said wrapping my arm around his shoulder and rubbing his arm as comfort. He smiled a bit and nodded.

"I guess we can, this is the first."

I couldn't hold back my wide grinning, I was happy that he's back, and that I got another chance. Truth is I've confessed to him once before, but he didn't feel the same way and so we stayed as best friends. I was glad with that of course and I am most certainly not happy that he got in an accident. But on the bright side I can maybe get him to catch feelings for me.

"You sure are very happy"
He said smiling at me softly, I could just melt right there he's so pretty.

"Of course I am! I got my Yunyun back finally!"

"That nickname is so embarrassing is this what you called me all the time-"

"Hehe don't worry not exactly 'all' the time."

"This is not fair I also need to pick on you with something-"

"Go ahead"

"Hmmm.. Qiuqiu!"

"Oh my archons seriously-"
I felt my face heat up from embarrassement.

"Haha you should see your face right now Qiu!"

"Shut up Yun"

"I don't wanna"

"Shut up and eat your food you didn't finish!"

He laughed and took a bite of his lunch.
"whatever you say Qiu."

I laid down and looked up at the sky. I missed all of this. I was still in the school all the time but without Chongyun it wasn't the same. It was so much less lively like if time had been messing with me and slowed everything down when I'm without him.

After a few minutes I heard him put his lunch box down on the ground, I glanced at him and saw him staring right at me.

"What are you looking at?"

"A moron"

"Ouch- is this how you repay my help?-"

"You only aked me to take care of myself and stay safe. Not picking on you wasn't a criteria"

"Man right now you're more annoying and outsmarting than I am-"

He laughed and laid down besides me

"At least your personality stuck with me if not the memories."

I just smiled and looked back at the sky, wishing the break would never end.
For the rest of the time we were just quuetly laying down and looking at the sky sometimes pointing out shapes in the clouds.
Then the bell rang and we had to part ways.

"See you at the gate after school?"

"Yeah, bye Qiuqiu!"
And then he ran off to class.
Qiuqiu, man it's more childish than Yunyun, karma got me this time.
I walked back to my class.

Wattpad why are you so mean you literally czt off the last one and half sentance. Whatever imma just correct some spelling stuff too now.
Also hope you liked this chapter!