50. Hurt

He didn't mean it. It was sarcasm. I'm sure it was sarcasm. I might have even said that to him before, you never know. It's sarcasm, that's the way it works. I mean, yeah, he did tried to kiss me afterwards, but I was... sleepy... and I... pulled away-

Oh my God, I am a complete idiot.

"Oh hey Lils, you're early this morning."

I blinked my eyes a few times and looked at the bed next to me. Roxanne was awake, sitting on her bed like me, looking at the time.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"7:45, wow. I think this is my first time seeing you wake up this early," She waved to herself. "Proud of you."

I didn't even sleep.

We both git up and got ready for the day and I heard Alice yawn while I was putting my hair in a high ponytail.

"You two go, I'm not hungry." I sat back down on my bed and they both looked at me with suspicious faces.

"At least join us then" Alice offered.

"I think I will stay, thanks."

She shrugged and left the room, dragging Roxanne with her.

I groaned and let myself fall on the bed.

"Stupid pain in the ass!" I grabbed my pillow and pressed it on my face, maybe -just maybe- I would be able to die.

It didn't work.

"You couldn't just shut your mouth?" I threw the pillow away and it hit something, making another thing fall and break.

I groaned louder and sat up. "Am I suppose to say it back? Great, now I'm talking to myself!"

I could just stay here for the rest of the day.

But that will just make him think that I am hiding from him. Well, I am. But not really. I'm hiding because I don't know how I should act around him. But if I keep hiding here, he will think it's his fault. it is. But not really. kind of.

I stood up and looked myself in the mirror before opening the door and leaving my room.

******

James' POV:

"What was the bloody hell reason for all of us to wake up this early?" Fred let his head fall on the table with a loud thud.

Even the Great Hall was still half asleep.

Fred, Roxanne, Alice, even Albus, and I were finished with our breakfast and it was only 8:15. We still had an hour before the lessons started.

"Where's Teddy, by the way?" Alice asked.

Fred answered shortly. "He told us to go without him. Guess he's just not hungry."

"That's exactly what Lily said." with Roxanne's word, I choked on my orange juice.

Yesterday's memory flashed in my head an I mentally punched myself right in the nose.

I shouldn't have said that. She freaked out, she didn't kiss back, she didn't say it back either.

I have no bloody idea why I've said that. What was the reason? I don't know.

"I think we should go back to the common room. We still have an hour before the lessons." Roxanne nodded at Alice's word, even though I didn't want to go up, I joined them.

I don't want to see Lily.

I do want to see Lily. I've already missed her, but I probably shouldn't see her right now.