☀︎︎ 𝟷𝟹 ☀︎︎

I'm so sorry for this late update, I've been super busy with moving. Hopefully, this long chapter makes up for it. Anyways, don't forget to vote! <3
~

 Anyways, don't forget to vote! <3~

~

I and Sooyun stopped for gas on the way home, close to my apartment. We both decided to go in to grab a few snacks for tonight.

When we walked in, we, luckily, noticed no one was in here, other than the cashier. We both walked to the candy section together.

"Hey, Sooyun?" I picked up a small pack of gummy bears before looking up at her.

"Hm?" she hummed in response while examining a bag of chocolates.

"What do you think Misun is doing right now? We had a good day, basically forgetting about her, but I wonder how she is..." I put down the small bag of gummies before fully turning towards her.

Sooyun took the bag of chocolates into her hands before returning my gaze. "Listen Sunhi, I know you're worried about your friend, but she isn't my problem anymore. She shouldn't be yours either, she's done plenty of things that should have made you lose trust with her, yet here we are. I say forget about her, she hurt enough of my friends." she stared at me with, almost, an expressionless face.

I slightly shook my head for how I was sounding. Why should I even care? She hurt me, Sooyun, and Jimin. We're supposed to have love and trust for one another, but she completely broke it. And who even knows how long she's done this for.

"You're completely right, I don't know what I'm saying. How are we supposed to continue Checkmate like this?" a hint of sadness in my voice appeared at the end of my sentence. The thought of giving everything up scared me.

Sooyun took in a deep breath before releasing it. "I don't know if I can't continue with her anymore. We should talk about this at your house." she began to walk past me and up to the counter with her chocolates. I quickly grabbed the bag of gummies I once had before following behind her.

・゚: *・゚:* ・゚: *・゚:*

Sooyun and I sat on the large couch in the living room. We had our candies with us, and a big bowl of popcorn for the both of us to share.

"So what should we watch? I saw a lot of people talking about the show Vincenzo, they said it's really good." Sooyun held the remote in her hand, searching for the show she had just mentioned.

"Before we begin that, can we talk about Checkmate?" I became a bit more serious. I'm getting nervous about how our carrier may end like this.