Place

Vikram

I got a call from Ajay

Ajay: hey bro do you remember me?

Me: of course, Ajay.. I just don't remember the You after Karan part..

Ajay: Good, so you and your wife are invited to lunch, this Saturday at my house

Me: Ajay, I'm not sure...

Ajay: you have to come, no excuses,.. I'll speak to Veena aunty then

I laughed.

Me : So much of blackmailing I'm facing

Ajay: Come on bro, it would be a good get together,

Me : I'll see will tell you..

I cut the call... I didn't want to go,.. But I got call at night from Ma too..
This Ajay!!

*****
Saturday

I was ready, where was she? Didn't she get ready yet, I had sent her a message to be ready by 11am.

I went to her room... The door was open..
I saw her, applying mascara, looking at the mirror..

She was wearing a long, kurti...her brown eyes.. Were serious, looking into the mirror..
She looked really good strikingly beautiful and alluring,.... That I stood frozen.. I was going to say something.. I forgot.

Stop this Vikram! You are not some teenager!

"Come out in 2 minutes, or else you have to find your own transport", I said

She turned around, realizing that I was there..

" I have a scooty , I can manage", she said looking at me coldly..

My hands fisted... Why did I even bother, I should have left without her..

I turned around..

"Wait Vikram", she said and came near me..

" I'll come with you", she said

"Didn't you say you had a scooty, don't you want to go in it? ", I asked

" Well I'm saving us the awkwardness of what to answer, when we reach there alone.. Don't do too much, let's go.. ", she said and held my hand to pull me forward..

I froze again, seeing her hand on mine..
She looked at my awkward expression and removed her hands..

We moved to my car.. She switched on the radio..

" Please switch it off, I get headaches ", I said

" Oh...not a fan of music now huh", she said.. Lowering the volume..

I didn't say anything..

She opened the glove box..

"Do you still have a gun here? ", she asked... Putting her hand into it..

I took one of my hand from the steering wheel and held her hand and pushed it out..

" Don't! Didn't I tell you not to interfere, and please stop talking to me as if you know me", I said

"I know you", she said

" I don't, so don't tell things.. Which I don't.. Know", I said

I didn't know if she understood or cared, each time she told something that I didn't remember, like about this gun now, I felt a blank space in my mind, it annoyed me and pained me..