What The Hell Is Anti-Prom?

"Y/n, I'm borrowing your jacket." Daisy stated, going through my closet.

"Fine..." I grabbed my other jacket, black and plain, for myself, "Let's go."

"Alright, gimme a sec." She gazed at herself in my full body mirror, making sure she looked her best.

"We're going to the skatepark. I don't think you're gonna need to impress anyone."

"I know, I just wanna make sure I look cute. Let's go." She started out my bedroom and down the stairs with me behind her. The rain was coming down lightly once we got outside. I pulled my hood over my head while Daisy did the same.

"C'mon, Frank's waiting for us..." I said.

"Frank is such a dirt bag..." Daisy commented, "Why do you hang out with him?"

"Cause he's my friend..."

"You're friends with him? Ew..."

"Why don't you like him?" I asked.

"He's gross. He's got those nasty piercings. He wears the same pair of pants to school every day. Why wouldn't you not like him?" She asked.

"Well, he's really nice, and funny." But Daisy only rolled her eyes at me.

"I honestly hope you're not into him. I'd hate for my best friend to date a guy like that." She said.

"I'm not gonna..."

"Good, maybe you should try for a guy at the rich kid high school. They're all so cute..." She smiled.

"I dunno, most of those guys are kinda, douchey."

"Douchey!?" She cried, offended, "I don't get you at all."

"What!? It's what they are."

"They are not douchey. They're pretty, and have lots of money, and drive nice cars..." She went on and on about the boys over at Riverwood high school. Can't she just shut up for once! It's times like this I forget why we're friends...

"Y/n!" I turned and spotted Frank with his skateboard at the top of the skate bowl. He's so cute...

"Hey Frank!" I smiled and began running over before someone grabbed onto my arm and pulled me away. Before I knew what was happening I was face to face with Daisy.

"Don't leave me for that... rat..." She spat.

"I'm not gonna!" I said, "I was just gonna say hi."

"You already did," Daisy stated, "C'mon, let's go sit down."

"Fine..." I followed Daisy through the grass when Frank gazed up at me. He smiled and waved. I returned it.

"Hurry up." Said Daisy. I did as told.

We sat down at a wooden picnic table a few feet away from the concrete bowl underneath a tree. Beyond the randomly placed picnic tables and trees in the grass was a small slope down to the river. From there you could see the rich people homes along with Riverwood's football field.

"Y/n?" Frank asked, walking over. I smiled. He's so adorable...

"Hey..."

"Do you know who's planning anti-prom this year?" He asked. I shrugged.

"I dunno..." I said, "Why?"

"Just wanna know when it is..."

"Yeah, I dunno, maybe ask Katie..."

"Alright..." He walked away.

"Oh anti-prom," Daisy began, "Feels like yesterday when we hosted the first one back in middle school."

"Yeah," I recalled, "That was a disaster."

"My house was a mess..." Daisy laughed.

"I-"

"Guys!" Katie, a dark haired girl with brown eyes and olive skin ran over to our table, "Do any of you wanna help host anti-prom this year?"

"Fuck yeah!" Daisy cried.

"Y/n?" Katie asked.

"I dunno, I'm not the best at planning them..."

"Alright, it's gonna be the best one yet."

"You say that every year." I said.

"But this year I really mean it!" Katie cried.

"Sure..." Katie then walked away as Daisy looked over at me.

"You're not gonna help this year?"

"Nah, it was always so stressful..."

"Damn..."

"Hey Y/n!" I gazed over to see Frank with his skateboard.

"Yeah?" He sat down across from Daisy and I on the bench, then set his skateboard on the table, "I gotta new skateboard from Jimmy." He flipped it over to show off the painted Misfits skull. Awww...

"Woah, that's so cool." I said.

"You gonna skate today?" He asked.

"Nah, I left my board at home."

"Damn, I always like seeing you skate."

"You mean me falling on my ass?" I asked. He chuckled.

"Babe, you're not that bad." Daisy then interrupted by clearing her throat.

"Are you two done yet?"

"Yeah," Frank began, "Sorry, see ya later Y/n." He got up and walked away.

"See ya Frankie..."

"I'm cold, let's go." Daisy said.

"Yeah, I'm ready to go."

Time skip to school the next day

I wish I'd quit liking Frank... Daisy is right... he's not the best guy... he's not to her standards... he wouldn't be good for me... but I can't help but think...

"Hey," I turned around to see Pete while I stood at my locker, "Y/n, right?"

"Yeah, hey Pete." I greeted, shutting my locker.

"Daisy's been going on and on about this anti-prom thing. What the fuck is she talking about?" He asked. I breathed a short chuckle.

"Uhm, it's basically prom but for anyone who isn't able or doesn't wanna go to prom."

"Why wouldn't anyone be able to go?" He asked.

"Dude, each ticket is twenty five bucks. I don't got that kinda money laying around!" I exclaimed.

"Oh, I see..." He stopped talking for a moment, twisting his jacket sleeve as he thought, "Are you gonna be going to it then?"

"Probably..." I said, "And I'd love to stay and chat, but I got class." I spoke half sarcastically.

"Right, I'll see ya..."

"Yeah..." I walked to my first period class where Frank was waiting for me at the back desk furthest to the left. Cute...

"Hey..." I greeted, sitting beside him in the desk a few feet to his side.

"Hi..." I was surprised that he hadn't sent a snide remark my way.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah," He gazed over at me, up and down, then smiled.

"What?" He didn't say anything, "What?" Frank played with his lip ring using his teeth for a moment before speaking.

"That jacket used to be mine..." I looked at him like he was lying.

"I'm not kidding. You don't remember?" I shook my head.

"I'm pretty sure my mom gave me this." He just shook his head, now looking slightly saddened. I was about to speak again when the bell rang, interrupting me.

OwO-
Ayyyy new chapter. I'm having a lot of fun with this, I hope you like it too. Have an epic day~peace out cheesebags