39 | through thick and thin

AN:
Hi guys. This is a quick update, so make sure you've read Chapter 38 (Revelation) before this one :)

 This is a quick update, so make sure you've read Chapter 38 (Revelation) before this one :)

I stand in front of the door of Luna's house

I stand in front of the door of Luna's house. There's nowhere else I would rather be than here. When it opens, Aiden Klein comes into view. He doesn't look surprised to see me.

"She doesn't want to see anyone," Aiden says even before I can open my mouth, and those words crush me. "She's not in a state where she's capable to face anyone right now."

My heart sinks. I know her. I know how Luna is feeling right now. The entire world has degraded her and her family -- many people are saying nasty things about her. The guilt she's feeling from causing such humiliation to the people around her must be eating her.

Yet, hearing that she doesn't want to see me hurts me, because I want to be with her so badly. I want to go through this with her. I don't care about what people would think of me.

I don't care if they accuse me of being another druggie. I've told my family about this, and they support me.

"I need to see her," I say. "I'm not leaving her just because of this. I won't leave her even though the entire world is shading her."

Aiden sighs, and I notice the change in the way he looks at me. He doesn't glare at me like he wants to chop my head off anymore.

His first impression of me -- when he found Luna in my hotel room -- was a fucked up one.

"Wait here." He walks inside, and I wait. Patiently. Hope starts to grow inside me.

After a while, Aiden comes back, but he shakes his head sadly. "I'm sorry, Max," he says with guilt present in his voice. "It's still a no."

Disappointment hits me, but I quickly compose myself. It's not the time to back off. I've been showing her how serious I am, that my feelings for her are real, and it's not going to change.

"I'm not going anywhere," I say in a firm tone. I've never been this sure my entire life.

Aiden lets out another sigh. The look he throws me tells me to give Luna some time. I know that she must be having mixed-up feelings right now, and I'm going to wait until she can sort things out.