Chapter Nine

Zaiden's POV

Yesterday was something else and honestly I knew from the beginning that something wasn't right. I mean why does she feel obligated to do certain things damn I know she's different but she's more different that I thought.

First she apologized for being truthful, then got way too cowered when Genevieve was just trying to help her and serve her breakfast and she ate almost all the food she got because she didn't want to be ungrateful? Yes of course I'm probably over thinking this but I can't help but think about it. She's definitely hurting and I need to know why.

I was initially thinking about having her tell me because it seems she has a can't lie thing going on if she sees that I'm being serious but I don't wanna be a dick about it so I decide on paying Harvey that visit like I was planning earlier.

I need to know why she's like this and why she's scared of almost eveything. If you ask me now, why are you going through all this? Why do you wanna know everything about her? Why do you feel like you need to protect her? My honest answer would be that I don't know I could ask myself.

It's just something about her that I feel attached to. I know I'm not this person I only love three persons in this entire world but my heart literally goes out to Auria and I don't think I can stop it truth be told I don't want to stop it, I never felt this protective over someone before, yes I'm always on people about Zalia but with Auria it's a different feeling I don't feel like I need to keep her from being broken hearted instead I feel like her heart is already broken but I need to keep the pieces from shattering and breaking apart.

Fucking hell, I just swear Harvey better have some good answers for me when I go there because I will take his useless life away but make it painfully slow for him. He had better tell me who did that to her and when I lay my hands on that fucking cockroach I'm going rip his head from his body mercilessly.

"....Zaiden!! What the fuck is wrong with you?" Valentina yells bringing me from my thoughts "excuse me?" I ask pulling my brows together at her words and she lowers her head "firstly you just disturb me, and secondly I don't fucking like how loud you are" I was saying before she mumbles that she's sorry. "You're getting way too comfortable Valentina and I will not tolerate disrespect from anyone" I say trying to subside my anger and not yell at her. "I'm really sorry Zaiden I was just trying to get your attention" she says quickly "get your shit and leave" I tell her calmly "w-what!? Z-Zaiden I-" she was stuttering being annoying "fucking leave Valentina, and do not anger me!" I yell at her getting frustrated.... Fuck attention, fucking disturbing my thoughts....

It was only 3pm and it would most likely take me two hours to get home so I decided to head out. I got my stuff walking out closing and locking my office door behind me. Getting on the elevator and going down, once it opens I get off walking out and to my car.

Once I was on the road I decided to give Celeste a call she's the head of the human resource department and since Valentina will no longer be off service I'll need someone else to take over for her. What she did was wrong, I do not like the slightest bit of disrespect from anyone and she of all people should know not to cross that line with me but she did so there was consequences.

I know I'm a douche sometimes but when I'm in charge whatever I say goes without questions, and I'm always in charge. I'm not saying I'm spoiled but I was raised to get what I want one way another. So in no way, shape or form will I have anyone be disrespectful to me and have that go unpunished I know better than to give someone the upper hand over me.

Being bossy and not giving a fuck is how I get my way, that's how I was raised to always be the boss because let's be honest that's who I am....cocky much...