Chapter 68 - Their story

Caelina and Zayden were destined to fall in love.

From the beginning, Caelina was a curious child. She did not look like a Zionitte, and she always felt as if she didn't belong in this world. She had been abandoned by her father, yet the light in her did not diminish. When Crown Prince Laith told her about his newborn brother from a Krastian Concubine, she felt a sudden urge to meet the Second Prince. When Laith was forced to leave for war, Caelina set out to search for this Second Prince to alleviate her loneliness. When she found him in the abandoned palace, young Caelina found his unique features to be breathtaking. If the Crown Prince was the sun of the empire and the Second Prince was a moon who guarded the night, then she was the star who helped the moon shine brighter. She was immediately drawn to Zayden as she slowly intertwined their fates.

Caelina reached her hand out and protected him from harm. When he was sick, she cared for him. When he was wounded, she treated his injuries. Using their familiars, they saved one another multiple times. However, they were both uneducated and Caelina wasn't aware of her familiar's ability to morph into other beings, and so Draco was never cultivated to his full potential. Zayden's power was also built on the foundation of hatred, for his father's cruel abandonment in the dangerous forest changed him greatly. Caelina herself snuck out to retrieve Zayden, saving him from a terrible fate. That night, Zayden slowly transitioned into a cruel, twisted human, although he was still the sweet, young boy Celine first knew him as. This was because Zayden was indebted to her.

She also gave life to the late concubine's garden, and it became their safe haven. The garden welcomed her, and Prince Zayden knew that his mother would also welcome this woman. Without realizing it, he had fallen madly in love with a beautiful soul that embraced his broken self.

They continued to grow an inseparable bond, protecting one another from the Emperor. Their story was sweet and filled with the most gentle yet fervent emotions. Their story was like a lit candle in a tunnel of infinite darkness. And just like a candle, their love was bound to diminish.

One stormy night, Caelina was taken to the emperor's chambers. In this life, Caelina was an unlucky woman who couldn't save herself from the emperor's sexual advances as he tore her apart. She was bedridden for many months, and the Second Prince was powerless to avenge her. He wanted to run away with her to his mother country, take her away from his own father. Many nights were spent where Caelina woke up crying in agony, and Prince Zayden could only embrace her crumbled form. However, cruel events continued to unfold.

The Crown Prince had returned from war with a concubine, and Caelina begged him to make Zavia Empress and allow her to marry Zayden so they could leave the palace. Strangely enough, the Crown Prince refused. In truth, the Crown Prince loved Caelina but brought home a concubine so he wouldn't be the pathetic emperor who lost a beautiful woman. Filled with envy and insidious thoughts, Zavia planned for Caelina's brutal end. She twisted the minds of many women and planted jealousy into their hearts. However, Caelina had already planned to abandon her title and flee the country with Prince Zayden. She did not think that Zavia would alter Zayden's memories too. The person who had always been by his side was now Zavia. Even Red had forgotten Caelina.

Caelina waited for Zayden on the balcony the following morning. He was cold and didn't recognize her, refusing to run away. Shocked, she was heartbroken as she watched the Second Prince devote himself to Zavia.

She quickly ran to confront the concubine but Zayden imprisoned Caelina in the abandoned palace where she had first met him.

She could never come to terms with this new change. She blamed Zavia and persisted to convince Zayden, who fatally stabbed her in annoyance.

"Aki..." Caelina gasped and spit out blood, tears streaming down her cheeks as she reached out for him. He kicked her hand away and left her alone in the dirty room. Still, Caelina remained steadfast, filled with hope that her man would eventually return and save her. She succumbed to her injuries many days later after painfully struggling to remain alive. She waited for the Second Prince until she took her final breath, calling for the boy who had loved her more than words could ever explain.

Fate was cruel, and the only way to unravel Zavia's curse was through Caelina or her own death. The Second Prince curse was released as soon as Caelina passed, and it was already too late. It took him only a moment to realize what he had done, and he rushed to the remote room, where Caelina's injury had turned into a hideous color. One would never believe that such a fragile human held out for so long after receiving such injuries. He slumped down on the floor, staring at her cold body in horror.

"No no.... Celine.." he lost strength, but he continued to crawl his way towards her. Every step broke his heart into a million pieces as he came closer to the woman who had only smiled for him. His savior, his lover, his everything was gone. And it was all because of him.

What have I done?

He couldn't possibly live without her. She had left the world thinking he didn't love her. She died a cruel, lonely death, killed by the one she saved.

Thus, his agonies began. His grief had twisted into evil hatred. His world was black. He wanted to kill Zavia and Laith. But he hated himself the most, for he ultimately caused her the greatest pain.

The world slowly began to burn, and a revolution began. Zavia revealed her true form as a demon. No one knew how the demon had possessed a woman's body or blended seamlessly into the society, yet she killed the Emperor and Crown Prince. Although the Second Prince was powerful, he was driven by hate and grief. He could not possibly defeat a demon who embodied hate and sin. She wanted his dragon as her own pet and kept Zayden on the brink of death until she could find a way to sever their ties as a familiar and master.

However, a dragon was more powerful than any other familiar. It could grant wishes at the cost of the dragon's life. Red was aware of the imminent danger and granted Zayden one wish.

The Second Prince didn't wish for strength to kill Zavia or save the world. He wanted to watch the world burn until the end. He only wished to see Caelina one last time as he slowly drifted in and out of consciousness from Zavia's torture.

Both the Second Prince and his familiar were dying, and the Second Prince relayed his wish.

How would Red grant the wish? Zayden wondered. His mother had believed in reincarnation, yet he was uncertain whether the universe would allow him to meet his love again. Would Zayden and Celine meet in another life? Would she recognize him? Would she forgive his sins?

"Maybe in another parallel universe, we will be together." He felt the last of his tears trickle down his cheeks as he took his final breath while Red cried for his master.

****AN EXPLANATION TO WHAT HAPPENED AFTER THEIR DEATH****

Enraged to find the dead bodies of a man and his familiar dragon, Zavia realized that she had missed an important detail that had flawed her research. She had failed to gain the dragon's power, and the demon's greed was insidious and not merciful.

The world was entirely engulfed by the demon's rage and Red's eternal flame. It was the end of the world, and not a single being was spared.

Red did not know that Caelina had already reincarnated into a different universe, and that the wish would cause an unplanned death and pull her back to their world with her past memories still intact.

However, the creators saw that the world would end without their intervention and that evil would destroy this universe. Therefore, time was reversed and a second chance was given for Caelina to go back in time and change the course of history.