Chapter 39

Chapter 39 - The Makeup Incident (3) 

In the past, Tan Ke had always gave the feeling that she was a little on the arrogant side. After all, she was raised in a very protected environment; it was inevitable that she was a little bit spoiled. But nobody had expected that she’d go as far as trying to ruin a fellow classmate’s face. 

Once this incident was made known to everyone, the incidents of all the things that she had said about Chi Ying in the past had also been dug up and her image of being the department flower was completely ruined. 

Tan Ke wasn’t able to earn the role of the female lead. Nobody wanted her to even get the roles as second or third female leads. In the end, she got the small role as a small villainess with barely any lines. 

Zhao Wan sighed as she scrolled through the forum. As she was sighing, she turned around to stroke Chi Ying’s cheek. “I’d never have guessed that reading romance novel will have this kind of benefits. This pretty face came so closed to being ruined. That is so upsetting.”

Chi Ying couldn’t credit that all to reading novels. She had seen a well-known actress sliced a new actress’s face with a knife in her previous life. It didn’t look like an accident any way you looked at it, but the incident was suppressed quickly and the new actress’s face was ruined for real. 

That was when she realized that not everyone was ruthless, but not everyone was kind either. The entertainment circle wasn’t entirely dark, but it also wasn’t all rainbows and unicorns.

Chi Ying patted Zhao Wan on her hand and said gently, “It doesn’t hurt to be too careful. We must all protect ourselves and that goes for you too.”

“I know. This is so scary,” said Zhao Wan, still frightened by the incident. “One way or another, congratulation on the female lead role in ‘Nocturne’ and being able to partner with Xiao Hang… hehe~”

***

Tan Ke’s popularity dropped visibly in class. Her few female friends noticed this as well and stopped hanging out around her like they used to. 

With this new malicious past, as rich as Tan Ke’s family was, they were still worried about hanging out with her. Everybody there wanted to become a star. It would affect them negatively when the incident about Tan Ke was exposed. 

Tan Ke was still very prideful but had been much quieter than she used to be. And the way she looked at Chi Ying was liked that of a poison-covered dagger. 

Zhao Wan felt a chill on her back and said, “Tan Ke has the same look as a villain in a movie…”

Chi Ying sighed, walked over to Tan Ke, and said, “Don’t look at me like that. I don’t owe you anything. Had I not figured out that you wanted to set me up, you’d be in jail right now.”

Tan Ke acted as though she had just heard a very funny joke. Her smile was a bit ferocious. “But you could have just swept it under the rug. Yet you insisted on calling the cops and announcing this publicly. You have ruined my career!”

She never meant to truly ruin Chi Ying’s face. In her mind, she only made a mistake on the quantity. 

“You were on the wrong and needed to be educated. Why do I need to sweep the incident under the rug? Should I wait for you to try to pull another stunt on me next time?” said Chi Ying. “Nothing will remain a secret forever. Tan Ke, you were the one who ruined your own career.”

Tan Ke gritted her teeth and said, “Had you not transferred into our class, none of these would have happened. I would still be #1 in class and have my perfect life in front of me. But you came and everything was never the same again.”

Looking at her coldly, Chi Ying said, “Why don’t you just travel straight back to before the big bang then?”