Chapter 45

My eyes open to find Draco's back facing me. The light through the windows penetrate my vision and I slowly blink the blinding brightness away. The storm has cleared through the night and the rain has stopped.

I stare at his backside as his shoulders move up and down slowly following his breathing. My eyes follow down his spine to see the scars lined across his back. They each are displaced in an array, although they are organized perfectly.

I lick my lower lip as I analyze each scar. Some are deeper than others, although they all have their own story to just whose life was spared for each.

My hand moves up and I gently graze one that looks the deepest. It hits below his shoulder blade. I gently touch the tip of my finger on the indent, it sends chills down my skin as I feel the curve against his skin.

My thumb then moves against his skin as I inspect the scar placed next to the one I was originally touching. Without a second thought, I move into his body planting a soft kiss on one of the scars.

My lips touch his skin and I feel my heart flutter at the image of Draco on his knees taking the punishment willingly.

As I remove my lips, his movement starts to stir as I watch him turn his body to face me. I move back slightly to create some distance between us. Hopefully he did not notice my subtle affection.

His eyes open to look down at me lying next to him. I hold my breath as I wait for him to speak.

"Morning." His voice is deep and raspy, it makes my stomach heat up.

"Good morning." I smile up softly to him.

His hair, that has grown out a little long, it's messy as his eyes are a little glassy from just waking up.

"How are you feeling?" He asks scanning my face.

"I am alright."

He gives me a slight grin before moving his body up and his legs around to the side of the bed. He keeps his head down as I watch him crawl out of bed.

"Where are you going?" I ask sitting up slightly.

He leans down to find his trousers on the floor, "I have a meeting with Dolohov and The Dark Lord today. I need to deal with the fallout of the Pansy situation."

I bite my lip as my stomach feels a pit inside of it, "Oh, okay."

He can tell I am not happy with him leaving because after pulling his trousers up, he turns to look at me, "Hey," he leans over across the bed placing a gentle hand on my cheek, "I don't want to leave you in my bed, I have to."

I let out a soft sigh, "I know."

He then places a tender kiss on my lips. It lasts only a few seconds but causes a stir of butterflies across my skin.

As he pulls away, my eyes glisten at the sight of him.

He moves off the bed to find a shirt, "If you need anything, Tispy will get it for you."

"Alright." I keep my voice low as I stare at him searching for clothing.

He pulls a black button up over his shoulders and a chooses a pair of black heavy combat boots to slip on his feet.

He tries to smoothen his hair in the mirror, but it still stays in a slight disarray. It looks...kind of sexy.  I like it much better than how he usually styles it.

Before leaving the room he turns to me, "I am going to handle it all, don't worry."

I smile to him, and he gives me a nod before disappearing out of his bedroom. As soon as he is gone, I let out a deep huff and fall back on his bed.