To the limit

You're supposed to give people the benefit of the doubt, right? 'No.' It's not about how they look it's about how they act, right? 'No one does this they just say they do.' Don't judge a book by its cover 'Stop it already.' Why is it so hard not to judge the dam book? Why is it so hard not to be afraid when its three feet away, facing directly at you? 'Flight or fight. I suggest the former.'

I didn't want to move.

I didn't know what this thing would do. I didn't even know where I was.

It lets out another grunt, a deep scary sound. Almost like growling. But it didn't move.

It clearly knew I was there, was it waiting for me to do something?

I slowly raise my hand and open my mouth. It does nothing. I keep my hand raised not sure what to do next, it tilts its head slightly and raises its hand up mirroring me. I put my hand back down and it does the same.

Why is it copying me?

I reach my arm out to it with caution, it does the same and our hands touch. I flinch expecting something to happen. But it does nothing. Does it think this is a game?

I pull back my arm and slowly stand up taking a step closer to it. It raises its head to face mine. And lets out a grunt. I give a slight smile and imitate its grunt. It jumps in response trying to kick itself back.

I let out a small chuckle. Its left ear twitches and it faces the door. There were the muffled sounds of footsteps.

Another one of them. The snake people.

I throw myself at the door banging it as hard as I could, but it doesn't budge, you could see the snake's chest from the small window. I bang at the door, as my head starts aching again.

The air around me felt heavy. Then... I started to feel heavy. It felt like I was numb. Like I was being pulled to the ground. Until I did fall down, unable to raise myself up.

The creature next to me didn't seem as bothered, but it did look limp, its ears were down along with its head. Our door slides open and the snake outside walks in with someone else.

I look at their clothing, grey, skintight suits with a metallic sheet around their waist. The same as the ones that caught me before. One of them grabs me by my arms and legs, and the other grabs my prison mate by the back of its shirt, escorting it out along with me.

"Do something, why are you letting them take you?" I attempt to yell, but it comes out as more of a groan.

It doesn't answer.

Why was it letting them take it? It's not even restrained. Its escort takes it to a room with a large glass wall. Leaving me with my escort as he takes me past other rooms with a similar design.

My body wasn't numb anymore, but I wasn't strong enough to get away. The other rooms that weren't empty either had other snake people alone, or with another small kid.

All scared, staring at me like they knew I had just come in. But only a few of the rooms had actual humans, and all of them were children, some had a large wound on their foreheads with a yellow gel surrounding it, those being the ones more scared and panicked than the others. All of them were doing some kind of activity, mostly physical. I'm taken to my room with two other snakes watching us enter.

My captor drops me down in a glass room in the center of the room and closes the door.

I immediately get up and touch my forehead. A sharp pain goes across my head as I pull my finger away and look. The same yellow gel 'They tagged you?'

One of the snakes works at his panel and the other just watches me with the one that brought me in. The floor in my glass cage starts to move backwards. I move along with it, it keeps getting faster to the point where I was sprinting to keep in the center.

I try to grab the wall but, it gives out a panful jolt enough to hurt but not enough to make me scream, so I keep running, but I was running out of energy. After a while my legs give up and I trip, the floor takes me to the glass wall shocking me as, I keep trying to get up, the floor scraping my skin as it dragged me back. Then the shocking and the floor stopped. The door opens and the snake that brought me here grabs me again and takes me out of the room.

My captor takes me back the same way.

I see my cell mate through the glass. He was going through the same thing, running, and panting aggressively against the moving floor as his ears flapped up and down along with him.

I'm taken back to my cell. And dropped there alone.

I felt sick, Nauseous, and sore. I look at my hands. They were chafed from scraping against the floor.

Sometime later the door opens, and my cell mate comes back escorted by another one of the snakes. It collapses as soon as it enters the pulling weight of the room and drags itself to its side of the room when the feeling goes away.

A panel on the wall opens on both sides of the room squirting out a brown chunky liquid. My cell mates ear twitches, and it gets up, like it hadn't been crawling a few moments ago, scooping the substance with its hands and eating it. I go to my sides panel scoop a bit of the liquid with my finger tasting it. It tasted oily and meaty, my stomach rumbles, at the thought of food. I keep fingering at my portion of food until i realized the liquid is gone.

I still felt so hungry. So... Empty.

Sometime later the panels closed, and water started raining from the roof of the cell.

My cell mate opens his mouth showing his sharp teeth as it drank the water raining on us. I do the same, until i realize the water was backing up and filling the room up.

But once it reached my shoulders it starts draining from the floor. When the water is gone and the room was soaked, it becomes warm, letting us dry off.

"Hey idiot, get your ass over here, were moving again." A familiar voice echoed. I jump, waking up on the metal shelf letting out a gasp.

My cell mate lets out an upset grunt. The lights were dim, and there were faint voices outside the cell.

I look out the window glass and see two of the snakes talk in there strange language, one much taller than the other, speaking in an annoyed tone, the other speaking back angerly. They looked female. The taller one responds again leaving the smaller one looking ashamed "I know how that feels." I speak outload, much to the annoyance of my cell mate.

She faces my cell, and I flinch as her yellow slit eyes stare directly into mine.

That look again, the same look all of them gave to me, like she was probing me, judging every part of my being, with disapproval.

She continues staring, walking away as she kept her eyes locked with mine.