Adrien + Marinette NOT MY STORY

This book is called "Making Up For Lost Time" by LadyRhiX (if you read the long ass paragraph last chapter for my excuse of not posting for a month you'll see the pun) Link will be in the comments I hope you enjoy as much ass I did 😌 this is a long one because its three chapter I just put it together ass one so you have a understanding of whats going on

"Hi Miss Sancoeur, I have Adrien's books he left at mine after the study session yesterday." Marinette spoke into the tannoy at the gate of the Agreste Mansion. As per usual, the little black box opened, prompting her to place them within, and be on her merry way.

That would have been fine, if it was not for the fact that she had the revised presentation on her memory stick, and no knowledge on how to send it to him. Alya had been little to no help, while Nino had shrugged, 'technology's a bitch, best go give it to him in case you lose the whole thing.'

"I'm really sorry," Marinette started, she was not wanting to go in as much as they wanted to keep her out. "I need to upload our presentation to his computer so he has the final copy for tomorrow."

Since they had inadvertently revealed while tackling a rather difficult Akuma, any exchange both in and out of the mask had been strained to say the least. The student, who shared business classes with Adrien, really did not want to run into him unless it was absolutely necessary. Even having Alya and Nino in the library, while they were doing the project, had not been ideal at keeping things pleasant. He had become cold, and Marinette had been too hurt by the sudden change to try and sort it out with him: the ravenette had been unable to shake the resentment building at his silent rejection. As Chat, he had even been way more serious during battles, there was no playfulness in his mannerisms, and her Kitty had become all business.

"I promise to be quick."

A few seconds went by where Nathalie seemed to be debating the best options. "I'm afraid Adrien is not here at this moment." The woman stated in her monotone way, "can you not just drop the memory stick in the box and he can give it back to you another time?"

Marinette was cursing her lack of forward planning, "I would, but I'm afraid I haven't uploaded it to my computer yet and I really need it for tonight to practice my part of the presentation."

"Very well."

The gates opened and Marinette felt her body tingle with dread, her pink dress swaying as she walked across the court yard with feigned confidence. At least the blonde was occupied elsewhere, so there was little chance of running into him while she was making sure he had a copy of the presentation along with the notes for his section. The big double doors opened and the design major stepped into the vast foyer. Not giving Nathalie a second glance, Marinette thanked her and made her way to Adrien's study.

Long ago, he had rearranged his room, procuring another to use as his office, and the aspiring designer had only one train of thought upon reaching the large wooden door: get in, and get out.

The way Nathalie had only replied with an ice cold stare the last time Marinette had spoken to her, was the only reason the ravenete did not ask her to upload the document. The thorough assistant had sometimes been approachable, but since Gabriel had been imprisoned for embezzlement, those occasions had practically disappeared. Adrien had benefited majorly from his father's incarceration, but it was obvious at times that he was missing the cold man. Marinette had been there for Adrien since the investigation had begun, and it seemed like they were finally making progress in moving their relationship to the next level, but the reveal ruined it all.

Stepping into the blonde's dimly lit office, Marinette was pleased to see the computer was logged on already and her task in uploading the file would be quick and easy, to a degree. The computer was old, as he refused to replace the last thing his mother had picked out with him before her disappearance, therefore, slow in it's functions. Taking a seat in Adrien's comfortable office chair, the budding designer plugged in the memory stick, placed the books down neatly and started the simple task of copying over the file. The room was quiet, and seeing the slow progress of the transfer on screen put her on edge.