chapter 9

Bakugo POV

...

In less than three days, the mission would begin.

It was confirmed. Location, members, execution. Everything planned down. Even with all the planning, Bakugo couldn't shake off the uneasiness on his chest.

Maybe it had to do with the mission, or maybe it had to do with his soulmate. He wasn't so sure. It was hard to keep up with them. One minute they were singing some peppy song, and the next, their voice was wavering, almost like they were fighting off tears.

And he couldn't do anything about it.

The feeling of helplessness was something he detested. He'd always been the type of person to jump head on and deal with a problem. Sure, he sucked at dealing with his own fucking problems and emotions, but this was his soulmate.

He should be there for them.

He's never felt so alone and powerless before.

His dejected mood must have caught the attention of his shitty friends based on the concerning looks they were giving each other.

"Hey! We should have some class bonding before this Friday. A good way to let go of the nerves." It was raccoon eyes who spoke up, her eyes sparkling with excitement. She would never miss a chance to have some fun.

The other shitty nerds leaned forward, discussing the plans with her, shouting out different things they could do.

Kirishima turned towards him, "What do you think Bakubro? What should we do?"

He rolled his eyes in annoyance, he wasn't in the particular mood to do anything, especially leave the dorm building. "I'm sure as hell not leaving this building."

"Then it's settled, movie night in the common room. Spread the word boys."

They all scattered, each taking on a different floor and spreading the word of a movie night happening tonight. Bakugo couldn't even be bothered, he remained seated on the sofa, his eyes pinned on his phone as he mindlessly scrolled.

Footsteps began to grow louder as the person approached him, he didn't have to look up to even know who it was. There was only one person who would have the courage to come up to him.

"Kacchan, are you joining the movie night?"

It was Deku's annoying ass. Still, as much as he hated to admit it, he was one of the few who annoyed him the least.

He only grunted in response, which could be interpreted as 'I got nothing else to do so might as well fucking join.'

"Great! Everybody else is heading down. You want something from the kitchen?"

Bakugo only shook his head no, that was all he could muster. And the lack of energy was picked up by the broccoli head boy. Midoriya paused and stared at his childhood friend and former rival. "Is there something wrong?"

It was only for less than a second, but he tensed at the question. "Nothing wrong Deku."

"Now I know something is wrong, you didn't even swear at me."

Scowling, Bakugo finally teared his eyes away from his phone and up to the boy. "Mind your fucking business shitty nerd."

"Now that's more like it."

Bakugo could only roll his eyes at his antics, the shitty nerd has gotten more confident as time passed by.

"Does it have to do with your soulmate?"