chapter 10

Bakugo POV

...

It was time.

Bakugo was putting on the ear piece as Aizawa's voice began to echo through the piece.

"Everybody is in position. On Sir Nighteye's mark, we enter. Remember what your roles are, in case anything goes south, call for him. Understood problem children? You have all trained hard the last two years to become heroes, and I know you are all fully capable of handling this. Make me proud."

A small smile appeared on his face at the last words, it was rare to hear any type of praise from the coffee addicted hero.

He was crouched on top of one of the buildings, waiting for the signal. The police were currently in front of the facility, demanding for them to surrender since they have a search warrant. If they refuse to cooperate, then they have the jurisdiction to raid the place.

A minute passed.

Two minutes.

Three minutes.

"Move in."

Bakugo moved alongside Deku and Kirishima, the three of them running behind the rest of the pros and into the headquarters. They start to head down towards the basement as Lemillion phases through the walls, giving them a heads up of incoming danger.

He could feel his palms lighting up, which causes him to close his fists. Any sudden noise from him and the mission would go down in flames. They couldn't know about their plan.

The deeper they go into the building, the colder the air feels.

As they turned a corner, a wall suddenly appears, stopping them in their tracks. Without hesitation, Bakugo soars up in the air and blasts the wall into pieces.

The team continue to move forward in the maze of a building, but are once again blocked by another wall forming.

What the fuck is going on?

He could feel his annoyance rising up, someone was fucking with them and creating these on purpose.

Before he could voice his thoughts to the team, the ground beneath them shakes and it felt like everything rotated. The walls begin to move, taking a different shape and dividing the team.

He now stood with Deku and the pro hero Rock Lock, the rest of the team hidden away.

"Ground Zero and Deku, come in."

Bakugo raised up his hand to the ear piece, "We're fine."

"This is someone's quirk at hand. Keep on moving forward. Stick to the plan, we'll meet up ahead."

"Copy."

The trio move forward, him blasting away any wall coming their way while Deku was keeping an eye on their back, making sure they weren't ambushed.

"I can lock down this area and keep it from shifting, but we need to hurry up and stop the villain. If not, we're going to get stuck here and run out of time."

He nodded at the plan, he was vaguely aware of how the hero's quirk worked. Looking up, his eyes met green ones, an understanding passing between the two. On Rock Lock's command, Deku dashed forward using One for All: Shooting style.

Following close by, Bakugo began to let loose the explosives that he was holding back, creating a pathway. Before he knew it, the walls began to shift back on their own.

"We must have reached them, they're on the other side." Deku nodded towards the wall he meant, it appeared to be thicker than the others.

Before he could step in and blast the wall, Eraserhead's urgent voice cut in. "The League is here, they're working together. Be aware, confirmed villains are Tog and Twice."