Love Like Ours

Lizzie is playing outside with the kids when she feels her first contraction. She's been having practice contractions all week but this one feels more akin to when she was in labor with the twins.

She is so glad that Bucky isn't around when she has her first one. She plans on hiding them from him for as long as she can. Labor can take a really long time and she knows he'll be hovering more than normal if he knows she is in labor.

She takes the kids over to Peggy and Steve's house so she can talk with Peggy. She knows that Steve and Bucky are catching up at her house so she won't be interrupted.

She walks into the living room to find Peggy sitting on the couch with Sarah playing with her toys in front of her.

"Sawah!" The boys yell.

The three toddlers run off to play. It was a smart choice for all the adults to safety proof their houses because those three are definitely mischievous.

Lizzie sits down next to Peggy. As soon as she sits down, she has another contraction. Her face scrunches up in discomfort and Peggy notices.

"Are you in labor?" She asks.

"Early stages," Lizzie says when the contraction passes.

"Does Bucky know?" She asks.

"Of course not, do you think he'd let me out of his sight if he did?" She asks.

Peggy knows that Lizzie is right. Bucky has been hovering as her due date gets closer. In his defense, he is trying to give her her space, hence why he's with Steve right now.

"Do you need me to watch the kids?" Peggy asks.

She quickly gages how far into labor she is. Things are definitely moving quicker that they did with the twins. She feels like she will probably have the baby by tonight.

"Yes, things are moving along quicker than before. I don't want the twins around when I give birth," Lizzie says.

"Understandable, I won't want Sarah in the house either," Peggy says flippantly.

It isn't until she sees the smile on Lizzie's face that she realizes she slipped up.

"Damn, I promised Steve we'd tell you together," Peggy says.

"You're pregnant again?" Lizzie beams.

"Yes, we have been planning on having another baby for awhile but it took some time," Peggy admits.

Lizzie surges forward and pulls Peggy into a tight hug.

"Admit it, seeing me pregnant again gave you baby fever," Lizzie says.

Peggy can't deny it because that was a large part of why they opened the discussion of more kids. They loved Sarah and they wanted to build to their family.

"Yes, alright," Peggy says begrudgingly.

"We are going to be outnumbered by children now," Lizzie says.

They hear the backdoor open.

"Daddy!" the three toddlers yell.

They hear squeals of laughter before their husbands turn the corner with the kids slung over their backs.

"Have you seen the kids?" Bucky asks Lizzie.

"I haven't seen them," Lizzie says, playing along.

"No, I seem to have misplaced them," Bucky says dramatically.

"We hewe, mama!" JJ yell.

Lizzie gets up with a little help from Peggy and walks over to her kids.