prologue

It was a sunny afternoon in New York,
this might seem heaven sent for some, it being around this time of the year, but not for Althea.

She didn't particularly like the sun; she didn't hate it, no, she just disliked the way it could be too bright, and the way it was too warm for her liking, or maybe it was because she grew up with the cold breeze kissing her lightly sun kissed complexion. Either way, this was just her opinion.

Back to the important things at hand. In 20 minutes her flight would leave. The loud announcement boomed through the airport, signalling that it was time to get on the plane.

After she sat in her seat, she immediately messaged her brother, telling him that she would be expecting him once she arrived.

The flight to her hometown was quite rocky at first, there was a slight turbulence when her plane first departed the ground, but nevertheless, she didn't really mind.

To her nothing really mattered. She hated her existence and its misfortunes. She would pick a peaceful death, rather than a disturbing life.

When her parents first died, she thought her world had ended. She would cry herself to sleep at night for years thinking that this was her fault, going into a deep and near unsavable depression, until her brother found out, sending her to therapy for her own sake after being found almost lifeless in her room.

Her brother loved her dearly. Being the older brother that he is, he protected her from anything and everything that wanted to harm her. So when he found her nearly dying body in the bathtub with her clothes soaked and full of blood, he rushed her to the hospital, blaming himself for not noticing, believing that this was his own fault for not realizing sooner that she - his precious baby sister - could harm herself.

That was 4 years ago, now she's 17 years old, and has grown up quite healthily, and very content in her life, especially after being aware of the fact that someone cares for her.

She was brought out of her trance, when the pilot announced their near arrival. She must've been lost in thought for almost 7 hours.

The passengers started preparing for landing, and only until then, did she feel her phone vibrating in her denim jeans' pocket. She quickly opened her phone to see a text from her brother, Alessandro.

After reading the small message, the pilot's voice boomed through the aircraft, announcing the plane's safe landing, signalling that it was safe to stand and gather their belongings.

She safely excused herself through the hoard of passengers, and made her way to the baggage claim area, where she saw her brother.

"Alessandro!" She yelled, grabbing his attention. Quickly running towards him and hugging him tightly

"How was your flight, sorella?" He asked once they parted

"It was alright" she shrugged, grabbing her suitcase once she spotted it.

They fell into several small conversations with each other, catching up for the last 3 months that they both missed up on, due to Alessandro being in Forks for those past months.

Alessandro had made the decision to arrive first in order to prepare the house before Althea arrived for her advantage. Just so that she doesn't have to worry about doing the whole process of moving.

They both reached their destination which left Althea to be hit by nostalgia. She remembered almost all of the memories - both happy and sad - that she made in this house which she's proud to call her 'home'.

_____

After settling in her room, she stumbled upon her old mirror, taking a sudden notice of the slightly faded scars she had.

They reminded her of the dark years she went through, and she absolutely hated it. She hated how they looked on her, but at the same time, they reminded her of how strong she was for choosing to fight in the war that was going on inside her head, and for being able to somehow escape her supposed 'death'.

Sighing quietly, she quickly changed into comfortable clothing and tucked herself into bed, not wanting to dwell on the past, she began to think of the day ahead.

'Let's just hope tomorrow ends up well' she thought to herself, before closing her eyes and falling into a deep slumber.