The Day The Great Hall Was Silent

~*~

After Cedric died the school was silent with a few sniffs and people in the crowed attempted to hold in their tears.

"Today we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was as you all know, exceptionally hard working, intricately fair minded. And most importantly a fierce fierce friend. I think therefore you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort. The ministry of magic does not wish me to tell you this. But not to do so I think would be an insult to his memory." Elizabeth was still in the hospital, she hadn't woken up yet so Pomfrey sent her siblings to the memorial. But, nobody told Harry she was alive. They didn't realize he wasn't already gone by the time they realized she was still alive. So, as he sat at Cedrics memorial, he couldn't help but think why wasn't Elizabeth being recognized as well? "Now the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me, reminds us that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain, you remember that. And we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave and true right to the very end."

Harry got up quickly and left back to his dorm room before any of the Weasleys could talk to him.

He had tears streaming down his face but he wiped them away. He couldn't cry, it just reminded him of what was lost. A good man and the girl he loved.
He was sitting on his bed when Dumbledore walked in.

"I never liked these curtains. Set them on fire in my fourth year, by accident of course. I put you in terrible danger this year Harry I'm sorry." Dumbledore apologized solemnly as Harry looked as he was still processing everything.

"Professor, when I was in the graveyard there was a moment... um... when Voldemort's wand and mine sort of connected." Harry explained thinking back to that night his parents helped him as Elizabeth took down the death eaters.

"Priorium Contatum. You saw your parents that night didn't you? They reappeared." Harry nods resulting in Dumbledore continuing.No spell can reawaken the dead Harry, I trust you know that. Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right what is easy. But remember this, you have friends here. You're not alone." Dumbledore turns to leave the dorm but was stopped by Harry.

"One more thing professor, I thought Elizabeth... was dead, why didn't you mention her?" Dumbledores eyes softened slightly and he turned around slightly to answer the question.

"That's because she isn't. You will find Elizabeth in the Hospital wing with her family." Dumbledore moves to the side as Harry sprints out the door towards the hospital wing.

Harry ran through the halls like a madman. How could he just now be figuring this out? He assumed the worst. He knew he did.

He practically threw open the doors to the hospital wing and there was the Weasleys standing over a bed. They turned to look when he arrived and they motioned him over. Harry walked over slowly, thinking it was all a joke or she was truly dead and it was just a body.

But he continued forward and when he looked at the bed he saw her, she was breathing slowly with her eyes shut. Tears built in his eyes but he wouldn't let them fall.

Elizabeth was alive.

Harry sat there for a few hours as the Weasley family chatted quietly about it they would transfer her to St.Mungos or just bring her home and wait for her to wake up.

Pomfrey cleared her throat making them look at her.

"Dumbledore requests the students go and see off the Beuxbatons and Drumstrang.

Before they could protest Molly nodded and lightly shoved them along. They decided they would be informed when she woke up so they walked towards where the students were meeting.

They said goodbye to Fleur and Gabrielle, and Hermione even had a special moment with Krum making Ron's mood sour.

They walked over to the bridge as the ship sunk and horses flew into the air.

"Do you think we'll ever just have a quiet year at Hogwarts?" Ron questioned thinking back to Elizabeth and Cedric.

"Not at all Ronald." Hermione replied as Harry said
"No I don't think so."

"Everything's going to change now isn't it?" She asked as Harry recalled Voldemort's resurrection. The green light hitting Cedric, the death eaters, Elizabeth, his parents. It was all difficult to think back to.

" Yes."

"Promise you'll write this summer. Both of you." Hermione requested looking at them almost demandingly.

"Well I won't. You know I won't!"  Ron replied, he was terrible with writing letters and he wouldn't know what to say to Hermione.

"Harry will won't you?"

"Yeah. Every week."

"Ron! Hermione! Harry!" They heard from the entrance to the bridge making them turnaround.
They saw Fred and George running toward them quite frantically, almost stumbling over each other.

"Well, what is it?" Ron asked his brothers as Harry and Hermione looked at the twins questioningly.

"She's-"
"Awake." The twins said together.

  ~*~

Sorry it's pretty short, I wanted to get fourth year down and start on fifth year. I hope you like it and see you in the next chapter