Highlands

"Lemme see babygirl." He said pushing his face all in the camera. I flashed him my 9 months old bump. As he cooed like a baby. I had to chuckle he was always soft when it came to my bump.
"How is she?" He questioned resting his chin on his hand focusing on me.
"You know how she is, always awake when I want to sleep, I got 4 hours of solid sleep last night though so that was nice." Me and Keith have known eachother forever but have been together for 2 years. One night we were high of our asses after her won 4 BET awards and done it around 12 times raw, that's how munchkin got here. As of Right now he's been away in Paris filming the 4th series of a very popular Netflix show. He's been gone for 2 months, but he's coming back in 2 days so I'm over the moon to have my baby back.
I looked back at the FaceTime call. As he looked back at me smiling.
"You fine as hell mamas."
"Boy stop I've gotten so fat since you last seen me."
"Girl bye, you know you sexy and that's on period." He waved me off. We looked at eachother as we busted out laughing.
"I don't know why you do that." I giggled.
"Cuz it puts a smile on your face. I'm not there with you right now so it's the least I can do."
"I miss you so much Kennedy." He sighed rubbing his hands down his face.
"I miss you too Keith. But in less than 48 hours we'll be together." I smiled. He bit his lip looking off to the side as he sat up on his bed pushing up his glasses on his face.

Keith
"But I'll make it before the baby's born I swear." I pleaded.
"Huh." she said absent mindedly not really looking at me.
"Baby did you hear what I said."
"Nah I zoned out, I'm so excited to see you tho I just want cuddles-"
"Baby." I said interrupting her. I looked at her for a few seconds whilst she was still happy. I miss this girl so much, her touch, her smell, her hair in my face when she sleeps, having her in my arms, in my lap, all over me to be honest. I wanted to be there so bad. If I'm not filming, I'm thinking about her, wether it's watching old videos of us or edits that fan pages make on Instagram, reading our messages over and over again. She doesn't know this but I even have a playlist of her songs, that I listen to and just imagine her being in my cabin with me. This girl has my whole heart and she has no idea. I sighed, I didn't want to break her heart but I made a promise to her I couldn't keep.
"Baby, you know I'd do anything to see you right now, but the director and us, we're behind on a lot of content so he's keeping us out here a few more days."
"Oh, how many more days?" She questioned still sounding hopeful. As she sat up on her bed criss cross. Her belly had gotten so much more bigger than when I last saw her in person. I should be there to rub her feet, when shes tired. I should be there cooking for her, treating her. I have to stay thousands of miles away in new york when I should be in Cali making sure she's straight, and all because of some stupid contract I signed. Now I'm not even gonna be there to witness the birth of my first child. I gulped as I clenched my jaw.
"2 more months." I spoke lowly, but she heard me.
"Oh." She looked down and looked back up with watery eyes.
"So when are you coming back." She said shakily.
"April 22nd."
She bit her lip and nodded.
It was silent.
I wanted to speak but nothing I could say was gonna make the situation better.
"Valentines day is this Friday...my birthday is next week and most importantly our firstborn is due next month. And your not gonna be here?" She spoke calmly with her eyes closed.
"Baby I'm-"
"It's okay, I'm not mad, I told you to follow your dreams."
"Baby you are my dream, your having our child and if I had my way I'd be there with you right now in a heartbeat." I looked up when I heard sniffles from her. She then gasped holdin her stomach. She threw her head back as she moaned in agony.
"Baby,baby!" She wasn't paying attention to me. She was in her own world as she started murmuring to herself and deep breathing. I just felt so useless being her man, I couldn't even help her. She soon calmed down but she looked exhausted.
"Ken what the hell was that?!" Ive never seen her do that before as far as I was concerned she and the baby were healthy.
"I don't want to tell you Keith. It's better off you just know everything's fine so you don't stres-"
"Baby what the hell? Tell m what's wrong I can make some calls." I tried to reassure her but she just shook her head.
"I have preeclampsia."
I blocked out everything she said after that, I opened my laptop and went straight to google.
"That means your blood pressure is really high, and if the baby doesn't get enough blood then-"
"I know what it means Keith. I'm literally going through it."
"Aye listen bae, imma get the best doctors to come deal-"
"My midwife is fine, I don't need anything else."
"How bad is your preeclampsia-"
"I appreciate you asking questions but we're fine okay. Look I'm still here, just do you and I'll do me."
Do you and I'll do me? What the fuck does that mean. I was so concentrated that I didn't even see Douglas enter my room. I looked up at him for a split second before looking down at my screen but It was black. She ended the call on me.
"Powers what the fuck are you doing here your on set in 5-"
"I'm going home." I spoke walking around him and getting the suitcase from under the bed.
"Excuse me, I think the fuck not."
"Fuck what you think." I started going to my wardrobe and throwing all my shit in there with the hangers, I didn't care, I needed to get back to my baby now. I was crazy for coming out here in the first place. He grabbed me and pinned me against the wall,
"I said Your on set in 5."
"I'm going home to my wife and unborn child." I pushed him off of me but he started throwing blows to my face, I couldn't block him, I wasn't allowed to.
"Nigga I said your ass is staying here. You signed that contract you know what it is."
"I don't care, I'm done." I spat in his face and he slapped me in my face, bitch nigga
He chuckled.
"You of all people should know there's no way out." My head was starting to pound, my lip was stinging and my right eye felt stiff.
I love being an actor, but if I ever spoke about the shit that happened to us behind doors, my ass would be dead.
I just sat on the bed waiting for him to leave.
I was gonna get out of here and go home to my family believe that.