28: Sleepy

( ̄ε(# ̄)

Is it bad that I finish 3 anime in one day?

~

Kageyama lecture Hinata without raising his voice which is a rare sight, he said he know how Hinata is feeling right now. About how jealous he is towards Asahi and how he is stuck being a decoy. Irritated by Kageyama saying he felt the same way, Hinata yelled back at him. 

Because in his mind, Kageyama doesn't get it, he got talent and height unlike him, he got sneers by other players because of his height. The school guard opens the door and said it's already too late to continue so he rushes the team to quickly finish up. Luckily, Tadeka helps the team buy sometimes by voluntarily locking up the gym himself.

You got up and dust yourself, you lightly pat Hinata's shoulder then went to the court. You stretch yourself and pat your face to keep your mind alert, cause you're getting drowsier as every minute goes by. "I'm gonna toss to him so please block him," Kageyama said to the other team through the net.

Eh, is he really gonna do that or just trick the opponent? 

You thought to yourself as you watch him bow to his senior. Ah, whatever. All you're thinking is pray that this match finishes soon, no matter which sides win as long as you can go home. You're too tired to even care at this point. "Although you're only good at physical, however with me, you will be unbeatable." 

Your eyes widen at the confession, you're thinking about is he talking in a teammate's way or there's something more than that. As a girl who likes to read both shojo and shonen manga, you nodded your head, approving this confession.  Ah, romantic.

That sentence can be twisted into other words, for example, I want to stay with you forever or even better, we're like a puzzle piece and you completed me. You have to applaud Kageyama for saying such a thing in front of people, often those words only appear when they were alone so it felt special.

Or is he an obsessive type of guy, that announces that in public so others know they are his, hmmm, those people are stubborn so it fit his character. He is scary alright so it's better to keep your distance between Hinata before he kills you. 

..

The opponent team starts the serve and performs a jump float serve. You try to receive it however Hinata also tries to receive it too, so your head collides with each other, having a huge pain impact on your head. "Ah, it hurts. Sorry, Hinata." You said as you rub your head. 

"Hehe, it's alright!" He said with a huge smile on his face, he got up and reach out his hand to you. You smile a little and take his hand, he really cheers up a little and that is great. "Let's get this over with." You said while getting up, he nods in agreement. 

Wait, does Kageyama mind?

You slowly turn around towards him, but he is just ready himself. Ahh, maybe I thought too much. Of course, those mangas wouldn't happen in real life, the reality is nothing of the sort just pain and suffering if you force it out of the pages.

After the last round of the game where Tanaka's sneak attack didn't work, the opponent team won the game. You sit down on the floor with your leg spread across the floor, you felt really tired and the sweats on your face with the cool air of the gym felt just right to fall asleep. 

Your head nods downward with your eyes close, you face defeat to the sandman's dust. "Ah, [Last Name] has fallen asleep," Sugawara said as he saw you nod your head profusely so your face won't fall to the ground. "She must be tired after moving a lot to save the ball," Daichi said while wiping off his sweats with a towel.

"We will be off, then." Their senior said as they get ready to leave the gym. Everyone rushes to see them off while you still nodding off to your dream, Asahi notices and gently wake you up by patting your arms. Your eyes flutter open while adjusting to the brightness, you face him with half-sleepy eyes and a pout.

You are extremely cute as a kitten and Asahi has to scream mentally so he wouldn't scare you, he just gently tell you to greet your senior goodbye and turn the other way with his heart clenching inside. You bow your head, thanking him while you slowly get yourself up and walk to the door.

After your senior left, it's turned for Ukai to give advice while you unconsciously nodding off but Daichi's yell makes you awake again and do stretches before cleaning the gym and returning home. "[Last Name], don't doze off while stretching," Daichi said and you reply with a yes, trying your hardest to stay awake.

..

You fell deep asleep and Hinata have no choice but to carry you home since he is the only one who knew where you live, you awoke when he lifts you up as you were almost falling off the piggy ride. "Hinata." You said with your voice hoarse as you didn't drink water for a while. 

"Ah, you're awake, [Name]." He said, his legs never stop moving while his eyes look at you. "Sorry for you to carry me like this, should I step down?" You said as you were worried about Hinata, sure he is strong and fit but it's a bit too much for him to carry a person and two bags at once.

He shook his head and said: "Take this as thanks for protecting my head back then, hehe." You smile and your eyelids are getting closer and closer against each other. "And I did it because-" You didn't hear the last part as you enter to the unconscious state.

Hinata faces you after finishing the sentence, you were asleep soundly on his back, he chuckles at himself for getting heat up for nothing. His blush and his smile were on his face as he hurries to your house. He really wishes you heard it but don't at the same time, ah the pain of being in love.