17. lost & found

ricky sat on his couch, putting his phone down and hugging a pillow close to his chest as his eyes stared off at the wall

his chest moved up and down as he took shaken breaths, swallowing down his tears that he tried to keep inside and tried to control from falling. the pain was overwhelming.

he didn't know what to do right now...he didn't want to go to work this afternoon - he knew nini wouldn't be there, she doesn't have any scenes today, but he didn't want to do anything. its always been four years of them two. spending their free time together, stealing moments and calls for each other. and now...it was over?

ricky sighed as he leaned his head back and closed his eyes "nini..."

the sudden sound of his phone ringing made him jump and grab it, answering the call and putting it to his ear. his heart was holding out hope it would be her, calling him and telling him she missed him and didn't mean anything, that they could work this out.

but it was benjamin.

"ricky," the man greeted

ricky's mood dropped once again and he took a deep breath "oh...benjamin."

"well, that's not a great way to greet your manager," benjamin said simply

"yeah, well i'm not in a great mood." ricky snapped before sighing "sorry-"

"i'll let it slide, mind telling me what happened?"

"yes i mind, seeing as it's basically you and jenn's fault." ricky muttered

benjamin sighed on the other line "alright, i know that this relationship with lily has been going on for a while, but you're both going to have to stay patient because-"

"well, that's out the window, seeing as me and nini are over. here's the chance for you and jenn to celebrate." ricky replied shortly, leaving benjamin quiet and surprised "i've gotta go."

the curly-haired boy ended the call, holding it in his hand for a few seconds before throwing the phone across the room to land on the floor before he sighed and rubbed his hands over his face, feeling his eyes sting once again.

a groan of annoyance left his mouth at the sound of his doorbell ringing before he stood up and made his way towards the door, his legs heavy with exhaustion as he opened the door to reveal a blonde-haired girl standing there.

"jesus, what the hell happened to you?" she asked, raising her eyebrows as she took in ricky's appearance

"o-oh, hi." he said quietly

"hey," she replied, looking concerned "are you okay?"

ricky nodded "yup."

lily gave him a look "ricky, what happened?"

he shook his head as he looked down and lily frowned at his state

"n-nini-"

"is she okay?" she asked worried, stepping towards him

ricky shuddered a breath "w-we-it's-over..."

lily's mouth parted in shock and she looked at him sadly "oh ricky,"

she quickly brought him in for a hug as he accepted it, letting a few tears fall as he held onto her.

he closed his eyes, breathing out shakily as lily frowned when seeing how bad he felt.

"i'm so sorry," she whispered

ricky pulled away from her and shook his head "i just-she thinks things that aren't true and i wish i could show her that." he said in a weak and desperate voice "i-it can't be over."

"look," she began, putting her hands on his shoulders "i know it probably feels hopeless right now, but if you two are right for each other, this is just another obstacle you both need to pass. it'll get better with time okay? and i'm here for you."

ricky looked at her "really?"

lily nodded with an assuring smile "of course."

"thanks lily."