Chapter 6. A Flash of Silver in the Night

Duke Rubius' manor was a place that nobody but the Rubius family can access to.

The Duke Rubius manor was situated at the top of a mountain, surrounded by unceasing traps. If intruders were to trespass through the first gates at the bottom of the mountain, they'd automatically fall to the pits of doom. There were so many traps that were impossible to avoid.

In other words, the entire mountain was a trap.

Duke Rubius had always found guards to be unnecessary. After all, his manor was so heavily guarded by traps, there was no need to add extra security!

Therefore, the entrance to the gates were completely unguarded.

Lucilline and Willow stopped before the giant gate, at the bottom of the mountain. Looking at the towering sight, one couldn't help but get intimidated.

Willow fished out a key, which shone golden upon the setting sun. She swiftly unlocked the giant and hefty gates, pushing open the doors instantaneously. Lucilline and her quickly entered, closing and locking the gates behind.

Although the entire mountain was covered in traps, only the members of the Duke Rubius family knew where exactly the traps are. All they have to do is to avoid the hefty amount of 50,000 traps.

Willow sighed, still holding onto her Young Master's soaked sweater. "Young Master, if you are tired, then allow me to carry you the way across."

Lucilline arched an eyebrow at her. "Where did you get the impression that I'm tired?"

Willow, "..." Stop acting so shameless! Just let her spoil you for once!

"Whatever." Lucilline grumbled. He folded his arms across his chest, "Carry me."

Willow could tell that he was nervous, for his eyes kept on averting her gaze. The maidservant was slightly speechless, since he didn't need to be so nervous! After all, she wouldn't get them into an accident! There was only a 2% of survival, but she's done this multiple times!

"We'll get across soon." Willow promised. She carried her Young Master on her back, holding onto him like he was merely a feather who'd get blown away by the wind if she weren't careful.

Lucilline shamelessly burrowed his face into Willow's shoulder.

They then began to progress through the mountain of traps. Bypassing through traps of pitfalls, snares, spikes, and etc., the pair of maidservant and Young Master had arrived safely at the top of the mountain.

"We've arrived." Willow stated.

She let down Lucilline, who obediently landed on the ground without saying a word. They turned to look at the residence before them; Duke Rubius' manor. The building was a three-story tall manor, with an abundant amount of windows and pyramid-like rooftops. Duke Rubius' manor was a colour of grey, with dark cobblestone grey for the roof.

Surrounding by the building's left and right sides were orchards, gardens, and lakes. The entire scenery was splendid, like nature running its course.

Lucilline held his breath. He watched Willow take out a key, then swiftly unlocked the manor's double doors. Without hesitation, Willow smiled and announced, "Welcome back home."

She pushed open the doors.

Inside the manor was—nothing, absolute silence.

Seeing that, Lucilline stopped holding his breath. He relaxed, then entered, with Willow right behind his footsteps. They closed and locked the manor doors.

"It seems that the rest of Duke Rubius' members aren't at home." Willow apologetically spoke.

"It's fine." Lucilline said. "Eldest sister and brother must be busy." In fact, deep down, he was glad that they weren't at home. Whenever they were in the manor, trouble will always brew. If they weren't screaming each others' ears off, then they were smashing glass together.