Chapter 16 - Empress's Gift

Everyone in the court couldn't help but gasped in shock. Even those ministers and their subordinates who witness so many things in these years but no one have thought the new empress would say such thing. Blood? What exactly she mean by that?

On the throne Manik gazed around the expressions of the presented people before his eyes fixed on Nandini who was staring at him calmly "my empress, what do you mean by blood?"

Nandini smiled when she heard about it "your majesty, as you witnessed in this whole situation the one who suffered the most is my maid who is still present here wounded without treatment. She has endured brutal beatings and now to satisfy the royalty court she had to cut her wrist to prove her innocence. For a weak lady it is such a torment to endure all these in one day" then she sighed "so I request your majesty to allow me to draw blood from princess Kashmin's heart"

When Kumeka heard this all blood drained from her face. She fell on the ground and cried out "your majesty, I beg you to think about this matter again. Kashmin is a delicate princess pampered from childhood. She has weak body. Tough she made this mistake but it might be unintentional. If she knew about this matter clearly she would not have done such thing"

Nandini glanced at her. Internally rolling her eyes she gazed at Manik again. Manik looked at her then to the person who was knocking her head on floor.

"Your highness Kumeka is the former empress. And as an empress you know clearly about what rules and regulations are followed in royalty. It was your responsibility to teach the princess neatly about everything so that in future she won't do any mistake. But since situation has turned into this, I can't just consider the title and give other injustice" Manik said clearly.

"Your Majesty" Kumeka looked up "this matter is too delicate. It involves the life of royal Princess where other is a lowly maid. If something happens to my daughter what would happen to the promise that late Emperor made?"

"Kumeka what do you meant by sush words?" Chityakanta is in rage "his majesty took care of everything when he is alive because your husband the emperor was his benefactor. He even made decree to arrange marriage for Kashmin. We have been taking care of you and Kashmin giving all right that you deserve as royal highnesses but how could you bring his majesty in today's matter?"

Kumeka was shocked by her slip of tongue. She did not want to dig in past matter but she did not have choices because today's matter involves Kashmin's life and death situation.

Manik turned to Chityakanta "mother shouldn't get angry. This son request you to calm yourself. This matter is sensitive so it need to handle in such a way where no one gets injustice"

Chityakanta gazed at Kumeka and sneered inside. She was so angry that she forgot the etiquette of empress dowager. She couldn't hold back when her husband was dragged out of nowhere.

"I beg the empress dowager to calm your anger. I am a mother and when it involves my daughter's life I was muddled for a moment and get overbroad" Kumeka tried to justify herself.

"Your Majesty" the minister of justice sudden stood up and bowed to Manik "Her highness Kumeka is not wrong in her point. Though this matter is sensitive this involves the royal life. And comparing to the low maid, princess life is given more importance. To solve this matter his majesty can reward the empress's maid"

Nandini turned her head and looked at the middle aged man "how come there is comparison minister of justice? As far I know in the eyes of law there is no maids nor princess. Everyone is equal before law. But hearing you say such thing I feel like there is sudden changed. Since you the minister of justice, please enlighten me who made such law? You?"