Chapter 26 - Jay

We are cuddled up on the couch when Camilla opens the front door. She chuckles when she sees us and drops her keys in the bowl that is on the table next to the door. 

"What?" Charlie says, wrapping her arms better around me. 

"Nothing." I hear Camilla says as she walks towards the kitchen. "I thought I would never see you lying on the couch with your girlfriend like this." 

I laugh in the crook of Charlie's neck when she gags. 

"First of all, ouch, second of all, that's gross." Now Camilla and I laugh in sync. "Stop laughing." Charlie mocks, punching me softly in the side. 

"Stop." I laugh, getting a hold of her hands. "Please!" 

Finally she stops tickling me. "Fine." She turns her head away. "What are we eating, mom?" I try to tease her by giving her slow kisses in her neck. It works every time.  

"Something simple, I'm out tonight to Jennifer's." Camilla yells back. I hear cabinets open en close and rumbling with pans. "I will make some pasta pesto." Our favorite. 

Charlie tilt my head so my lips don't touch her neck anymore. "Stop it." She hisses. She groans when she feels how my hands travel over her body. "Jay, please." 

I grin and pull my hands away. "Fine." 

"Do you need some help?" Charlie yells. 

"No, enjoy your movie, eating in 20." Great. 

I snuggle up against Charlie again and look at the tv screen. I don't have a clue where we at in the movie. We're watching fear street part 1. It just came out on Netflix and we where pretty stoked about it. 

"I think I missed a couple of minutes." Charlie says. 

I chuckle. "Same." 

"Do you want me to go back?" 

I shake my head. "I don't think we missed the juice parts." I say watching how a steamy scene comes up. 

"Couldn't agree more." 

It isn't long before we sit down at the kitchen table, my stomach growls when Camilla set down our plates in front of us. This women can cook, mm-mm-mmm. 

Camilla chuckles when we dig in almost immediately. "I guess you two were hungry." She looks from Charlie to me. 

"We skipped lunch to learn." Charlie says. "I think we just forgot about it until you came home." 

Camilla shakes her head. "I'm glad you do more than watching movies all day." 

"We do actually learn, you know." 

"I was surprised too." I grin when Charlie gives me a look. "I thought you were a type who didn't learn and just got straight A's." 

"In her dreams, maybe." Camilla teases. 

"Ha ha." Charlie says. She stuffs her mouth and shakes her head. 

I have to hold my laughter and lay my hand on her thigh. "You're kind of a nerd." 

She drops her fork and looks at me. "Are you kidding me?" 

I bust out laughing I try to swap her hands away. "I'm joking!" 

Camilla laughs at us and a big smile breaks over her face. That's what I noticed a few weeks ago. She seems so proud of Charlie, for who she is today. For letting someone in again. She enjoys it when we are happy, just like my dad. 

Although Charlie doesn't like my dad that much still, she stays over for dinner quit a lot actually. Sometimes when they are talking I look at him and I can see that he's proud and happy, just because I am.