Chapter 39 - Spot

- Chapter 39 - Stressed Brookies and Stressed Spot -
Warnings: Mentions of the Delanceys, stress, worry, injuries, and kinda foreshadowing
Third Person POV

Albert watched Race walking back and forth across the kitchen, mumbling in Italian under his breath.

He purses his lips, pulling out his phone.

Albert presses call and holds the phone to his ear. "Hiiiii." He starts with a cheeky grin.

He could almost picture Spot rolling his eyes.

"Hi." Spot smiles slightly.

"I need help." Albert informs him, drawing circles on the table with his finger.

Spot was slightly confused by this. "Why? Are you alright?" He asks from the other side of the phone.

"Mhm." Albert looks back over at Race. "But Race is stress cooking." He explains.

"I'm not stressed." Race mutters as he stirs his mix.

"I'll be right over." Spot tells Albert.

Albert nods.

They hang up.

Albert looks back at Race. "That's definitely stress cooking." He informs him.

Race rolls his eyes.

Race paces across the kitchen as he waits for the mixer to finish mixing.

Albert watches him. "That's stress cooking." He comments again.

Race groans, rubbing his eyes. "It's definitely not." He responds.

"It definitely is." Albert shoots him a look.

Race rolls his eyes, crossing his arms. "Tis not." He grumbles, taking the bowl away from the mixer and pouring the mix into the pan.

Albert decides to stay quiet after that.

Race puts the thing into the oven and starts pacing again as he waits for it to be finished.

After a good ten minutes, Spot walked in.

Spot throws his keys onto the table, taking a seat next to Albert. He looks at Race. "You're stress cooking." He comments.

Exasperated, Race groans again. He pulls the pan out of the oven and sets it down on the table. "Fine. I made brookies." He mutters, gesturing to the brownie-cookie mix, before crossing his arms again.

Albert takes a brookie, taking a bite out of it. He nods. "This is really good." He tells Race.

Race nods.

"Why are you stressed?" Spot asks Race, stealing one of Albert's brookie and taking a bite out of it.

"Hey!" Albert whines, smacking Spot's hand away. "Get your own brownies!" He takes the brookie back.

Spot looks over at him with a smirk on his face. "But why could I when I could get them from you?" He presses a soft kiss to Albert's lips.