din djarin | for you? anything

protective din! protective din! i am in looooooove! also featuring touch starved din. in love din as well. lots of simping on the Mandalorian's part.

this is 2.8k words of pure fluff, angst, and romance. i love it. requested by sloanck shanlingchew and 1Mando

 requested by sloanck shanlingchew and 1Mando

"Tell me what Bespin looks like."

"I've never been."

You frowned, your fingers stroking the arm rests of your seat. The floor of the ship hummed with life beneath your feet. The touch of the seat was worn and cold. These were the things that grounded you, that told you that you were home.

"Endor?"

"Green," he replied.

"Is it beautiful?"

"If you like green, I guess it is."

"Green is my favorite color," you said. "I wish I had gotten to see it."

It had been two years since you'd last seen anything. Two years since a freak accident on Nevarro --- a bomb going off randomly in the middle of the marketplace --- had sent you and a handful of others barreling into a stone wall. Out of all of the victims, you were the only one that survived. 

When you woke up without your sight, everything was different. You were suddenly forced to adapt to a reality you didn't want to be in. People talked to you differently. No longer were you a bounty hunter that was widely respected, but a person that was only one thing: blind.

The only one that didn't treat you differently was Mando. Maybe it was for that reason that you agreed to sticking close to him while on Nevarro, until, eventually, it just made sense for you to stay with him permanently. You needed someone to be your eyes. He needed someone to be near him --- although that was something he would never be able to admit.

He had always liked you. He had always enjoyed your company. You were one of the few people he had real respect for on Nevarro. And now he was able to stay near you always. He didn't always show it, but he dreaded the day you might one day choose to leave. He didn't want you to believe that he saw you as weak, but he didn't want to see you go off on your own either. He liked being near you. He liked thinking that he was keeping you safe.

"There are so many things I wish I could've seen," you sighed.

He turned his head and stared at you. You were gazing off to the side, an empty look in your eyes. His heart squeezed in his chest. "Endor is beautiful," he said. "I'll take you one day."