Sly ~ Ch58

(Author-San whispers: Oh boy...)

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

One week had past by me quite quickly. Maybe it was due to the fact that everyday seemed the same. The schedule never changed for the last seven days. Wake up, breakfast, train, dinner, sleep, Sukuna.

It was starting to get tedious doing the same things everyday and the only thing that kept me from complaining was the fact Yuuji always seemed so excited to start each day. It was his enthusiasm that kept me going. Nothing interesting ever happened anymore and over the past two weeks I still hadn't been able to make contact with him. I was starting to loose hope.

Satoru had been training me on two things so far and had been switching between them everyday. Hand to hand combat and attacking with my fan. But today he said that we would try something different and this was the reason that we stood at the head of a long line of market stalls during the summer heat.

"Okay, so there are 3 cursed objects hidden in this market. I want you to find them all." Satoru told me, handing me modern day money that I still hadn't gotten used to yet. I was confused at his words, not expecting this kind of training.
"How?" I asked him in confusion. Would he tell me how the objects looked like or literally just send me in blind.

"Each object emits their own type of cursed energy. All you have to do is try and sense their cursed energy, similar to how you track Yuuji." He told me, trying to make it sound simple as possible. But even then I was still confused. I could only track Yuuji because of my connection to Sukuna. I follow what feels like a rope tying us together and this was certainly not the case with these cursed objects.

"I'll be waiting here." Satoru told me as he leaned back against the wall behind him, pullinh out my phone and pausing me from asking the continuous questions that I was only seconds away from asking. I sighed at his vague instructions before perking up at his words, now realising that I would have to go through this alone.
"You're not coming with me?" I asked in slight panic.

"I would but I've noticed you seem to be good at observing people's emotions so I think it's best for me to stay here so you can't cheat." He told me, flashing me a grin. My cheeks puffed out in dissapointment at his words, not even realising how close he was getting to figuring out my cursed technique.

"Alright, I'll see you soon then." I bid farewell with a frown, turning on my heel to prepare to walk myself into the bustling market. But before I could emerse myself into it, Gojo spoke up again saying,
"If you're in trouble, call me!"

Giving the man a nod in response, I walked into the market and adjusted the bag on my shoulder. Recently Satoru bought me a phone so that I could start being able to contact people if I was in danger now that I didn't have a bracelet to protect me anymore. After seeing my new phone, Yuuji seemed to be quite jealous and often complained about how much more expensive it was than his phone. But even ridden with envy, the boy still taught me how to use the device with a smile on his face.

And so I began my walk down the market, staring at the stalls left and right of me and hearing people yell out what they were selling. It was a crazed atmosphere but nothing that I couldn't handle. Honestly, I didn't know what I was doing and thought that maybe it would come to me naturally as I strolled.
I tried to feel the atmosphere around me, just as I do when I try to look for Sukuna. But in result, I ended up locating Yuuji who was a few streets away and most likely training with Nanami today.

With a huff, I stopped reading the atmosphere as that had clearly gotten me knowhere. What was the point of this exercise? Would I really need this in the future? Frustration was slowly taking over me as I realised how how this would truly be for me. Turning back on my heel, I tried to give a pleading look to Satoru who I found to be completely blocked by the busy shoppers around me.