Chapter 54

Siddharth's POV

We dropped Shruti at her Tauji's place and went to meet dad. He was relaxing in a guest room and we pushed Maurvi in. He was so pleasantly surprised to see her. We were standing outside the door.

" Wow, my daughter is here to meet me but my duffer younger son has not bothered to come. So sweet of you Princess. But why did you come here?? I was going to come to your home to meet all of you."

" Uncle, I wanted to talk to you regarding something," she said.

" Yes beta?? But first I want to talk about one thing. I don't like being called as uncle by you. " Dad said.

" Sorry, dad !! "

" Don't be sorry sweetie, tell me !! Is everything fine?? Why are you here when my son has come to meet you all the way from Delhi? Did you fight? "

" No, dad !!! I needed to talk to you. "

" Tell me... "

" Dad, you are the coolest person, I know in the whole universe. "  Maurvi said with a sheepish smile.

" I know... I am chilled out. " Dad grinned at that.

" Dad, promise me you will hear me out coolly. "  She said... I know she was getting nervous.

Dad looked at her with surprise.

" I do... What happened?? " He frowned a bit.

" Dad, if you have to arrange a wedding all of a sudden, how soon can you do it?? "  She asked.

" Why are you asking that?? You are getting married in less than 10 days. " He smiled.

" Please tell me!! "

" Maybe a week but it would not be that lavish... Why are you asking? "  Dad said.

" Dad, can you arrange one? " she said and narrowed her eyes as she was a bit tensed.

" What?? Why? "  He asked with an eyebrow raised.

" It is an emergency... "  She tried.

" What is the emergency?? "

" Uncle, please try to understand. "

"I won't even try to understand if you call me that. "

Oh, God !! Be serious. Listen to her.

" Dad, please it is serious... So I forgot it. " Maurvi said.

" Ok tell me... Why do I need to arrange a wedding in a week? " Dad asked.

She gulped visibly.

" How do I explain?? Gautam !!! " she lost her courage and called Bhai.

" He is outside?? "  Dad asked.

" Yes "

" Gautam come in!! " Dad called Bhai and he walked in.

" What is the matter?? "  Dad asked him.

" Dad... Please do what Maurvi is saying. " 

" Why ?? "  Dad was serious now. He glared at him.

" Ask Sid !! Sid!! Come and explain. " Bhai said.

" He is also here?? What is going on?  Sid, come here!!! " I went inside.

" What are three of you up to?? What is going on?? You sent Maurvi to talk to me, which means it is something big. Tell me !! "  He said but three of us kept looking and telling each other to explain. We both were hoping Maurvi to say it.  Dad kept looking at us.