Chapter 55

Shruti's POV

I reached my Tauji's home and was shocked to see Nihal there. He had not come home in the last 2 years.

I greeted him but he didn't even acknowledge. What was going on?? Everyone looked tensed.

" I don't know anything, I want to use this opportunity and expand my business to international markets. So, I need more investment. " Nihal said to Tauji.

But Tauji said that he didn't have any money. They kept arguing and Taiji was crying in her room. I went to her and tried to soothe her. She hugged me and kept crying.

The next whole week was full of tension. The atmosphere was suffocating. Nihal kept on pestering his parents to sell some of their agricultural lands and ancestral property. Tauji was not ready for it so the tussle between the two men was too strong to ignore.

But things were good in the hospital. Siddharth was taking care of me like anything. Everyone knew that we were together by now so we didn't have to hide anything.

He was being very romantic and left no chance to pull me in his arms and teach me another way of kissing. 

I even asked him how did he know so much about all that and he teased me by saying, " Why, did you forget that I had a girlfriend named Isha ... "

I glared and pushed him away saying then go back to her but he silenced me once again with yet another amazing kiss.  I knew that he was teasing me with her name, but I still didn't like it.

He touched his ears and said that he would never tease her like that but I should also never leave him alone.

He told me that his dad was going to send a marriage proposal to his family through Maurvi's dad.  But I told him to wait for a week as there was tension at Tauji's place.

He made every effort to keep me happy all the time. I just knew one thing that I was the luckiest girl in the world. I didn't deserve him, but maybe god was being liberal over me.

He was the best thing that has ever happened to me. I loved the way he was over-possessive about me as I was a possessive girl. I knew that he loved me a lot and I loved him back.

He made sure that Isha or Kunal stayed away from both of us. Only 5 days were left for Gautam Bhai and Maurvi's wedding.

His family had come to Chandigarh. Siddharth had to take a leave from the hospital. He wanted me to come and stay with them. But I told him that I can't come and stay there as my family believed in traditions and so we couldn't meet. The verbal fights between Nihal and Tauji were increasing day by day. I was worried about Tauji's health. His blood pressure was always very high these days.

Siddharth's POV

The rituals of the wedding were about to start from today. The ceremonies started with Ganpati puja   ( It is popularly known as the mandav ceremony and is performed to seek the divine blessing of God Ganpati for successful completion of all wedding functions without any interruption and mishappening and seeking blessing for the new couple who are about to start a new life). The puja was performed in both families.

Then her dad, paternal uncles, maternal uncles, Amit and other male members came to meet Gautam and our family for the Tilak ceremony. Uncle applied Tilak on bhai's forehead and offers him gifts, some shagun (money), sweets, clothes and fruits as a ritual.

After this, they had a God Bharai ceremony at Maurvi's place (This ritual is conducted at the girl’s home). Mom and other ladies went to their place. Mom applied Tilak on her forehead and offered gifts, clothes, sweets, toys and fruits in the lap.