Chapter 17: Mount Natagumo

Blue eyes slowly opened as the red-haired woman sat up from her futon. Stretching her arms out and letting out a yawn. She sat there for a few minutes, her eyes rather dazed from sleep. It's nice to have a good sleep for once although she sometimes dreamt about the events of the war, it wasn't so bad now.

"Nezuko-Chan!"

Nanami snapped out of her dazed state when she heard Zenitsu's voice calling Nezuko repeatedly followed by the sound of footsteps that she presumed that they must be running.

"Zenitsu! Stop following her already!" She heard Tanjiro's voice. 'Ah, Tanjiro-Kun is awake already.' Nanami thought, rubbing her eyes a bit as she stood up and continued to listen to the other room while looking for her hair clip to fix up her bangs.

"Tan...ji...ro!" She heard Zenitsu hummed, along with Tanjiro's voice cringing which made her curious about what's going on in the other room as the rapid footsteps continued. She might as well go and see.

"Let's be friends, Tanjiro!"

"Zenitsu! Don't keep chasing us! I beg you!"

"Oh, don't be like that, Tanjiro!"

The door slid open revealing to be Nanami, her long, red hair was still down but her bangs were clipped to the side as she watched the bizarre scene in front of her. The Kamado sibling being chased by Zenitsu in circles. "What is going on here, dattebane?" She asked, her eyes dotted, rather clueless.

Hearing her voice, the three of them halted in their tracks and turn to stare at her. It was silent for a moment before Zenitsu broke that silence with his enthusiastic voice, "Nanami-Chan!"

He then started running up to her in a carefree manner. Rather startled by his behavior, she steps to the side before Zenitsu could reach her and started running. "Nanami-Chan! Nezuko-Chan! Tanjiro!" Zenitsu called from behind them. And so the chase continues with the Kamado siblings and Nanami being chased by Zenitsu.

Meanwhile, Inosuke sat outside, wearing his usual boar mask and shirtless uniform, listening to the commotion inside when his stomach growled. "Man, I'm hungry." Inosuke said, looking down at his toned stomach.

"Pardon me, sir." The elderly lady said, approaching the boar-headed, masked boy and sat beside him with a neatly folded yukata in her hands as Inosuke turn to look at her. "Those clothes of yours are quite soiled, I see. I'll clean them for you, so please wear these in the meanwhile. These are pleasant to the touch and quite comfortable." She offered.

Inosuke looked at her as a happy, fluffy feeling coursed through him at the old woman's offer.

"How does tempura for dinner sound? You know, something covered with batter and fried." The kind old woman added, making Inosuke feel even happier as the fluffy feeling remained.

In the meantime, Zenitsu continued to chase them around the room as the three of them ran from him. "Hey, wait up! Come back here, Nezuko!" Zenitsu called from behind when Inosuke slid the doors open and screamed, now wearing yukata the old woman gave him.

The chase came to a halt the moment Inosuke came in as the boy head-butted Tanjiro in the back, making the burgundy boy cry in pain. "Wh-what was that for?" Tanjiro asked, rubbing his back while Nanami knelt beside him.

"Inosuke-Kun?" You carefully called out his name, not knowing what made him go on a rampage so early in the morning.

Inosuke only responded with a loud war cry and the chase began once again. This time with Inosuke chasing them while Nezuko at the side with dotted eyes, unsure of what to do.

"Hold up! Hold up!"

"Stop chasing us, Inosuke-kun! Dattebane!"

"Tanjiro! Nanami-Chan!"